29 December 2007
So here's a Happy New Year too you. Stay safe and Hopefully 2008 will bring you knowledge and growth.
28 December 2007
- Do you think when Sean Taylor died the bootleggers heard dollar signs? I mean they had RIP shirts printed up quick. They are literally making a profit off dudes murder. They should have to donate the profits or something.
- Is it me or did Fat Joe just move to MIA and forget that he's from the bronx? I mean he in every bamma from Miami's video. Hell his videos even shot in miami.
- This is for my DC folks. There is a Verizon Center poster on the metro that has Caron Butler in it. He is wearing a white and purple jersey and has a fake 10 year anniversary tattoo on his arm. Every day for a good 5 months I thought he was a WNBA player.
- I just saw that LL Cool J is almost 40. Who drops a rap album at 40? even Common said he quiting rap to start acting. LL should follow suit.
- I finally saw Dreamgirls this month, Jimmy got Soul!!! Jamie Fox's character and Eddie Murphy's scene on stage made the movie.
- Why is President the only job you CAN'T have previous experience for? Even strippers need prior experience to get a job.
- Driving my car all these years has spoiled me to what cold feels like. I used to laugh at those people with scarfs around their faces walking down the street. but after walking outside for 45 min I realize that it's COLD... the wind constantly hitting your face is a problem.
- I don't like raw carrots. People saw they are sweet, those people lie.
25 December 2007
24 December 2007
Honestly he looks gay and after seeing these videos of Bow Wow protecting his boy I'm inclined to believe that Chis turned all them boys out.
I know I'm not the only one who though Bow Wow channeled his inner TI while arguing with that interviewer. I wonder if TI ghostwrote that argument? Anyway I'm sure Chris will deny it but that bamma did say "I don't do that anymore.. that's not my life" Which is an admission that you DID play hide the snake with them boys before. This is really horrible, I'd have to kill him if he did that to my child. Well maybe not kill but I'd beat the hell outta him and shove a broomstick up his ass. You know just so he remembers me.
Lets see if an investigation is run to find out the truth like they do to them church pastors. I also would like to see how people react to this verse how R.Kelly got treated for peeing on that girl. If you ask me this is WAY worse, I saw the R. Kelly video and that girl might not have liked it but and she might have been underage by a year but it wasn't the first time she saw some dick and she did take the money for it. Robert could plead ingnorance on her age and I would beleive him. She COULD have been 18 -19. Still too young for his ass but not Statutory rape young. Chris got these boys really young and turned them out when they didn't know any better. Maybe the other members of b2k will come out and do an Oprah show on the perils of being a childhood star.. lol
23 December 2007
17 December 2007
1. You gotta be smart, This is one of them things that's not noticeable until you know a person. I don't need a rogue scholar just someone that can keep up.
2. A Sense of humor is important, I crack alot of jokes and if you can't laugh then we have problems. I can usually figure this out within the first 5 min of knowing you.
3. Swagger.. lol this is usually associated with men but I'm going to use it to descride confident women. A woman who knows who she is and what she is about is sexy. Even if you not a "10". If you know your a "7" and are happy being a "7" that's a beautiful thing. There is nothing worse than a unconfident woman.
4. Be about something, you can be a full time student or trying to start your own business just make me believe you trying to make it. That your more than just doing the standard BS to get by. You need to be about more than shopping and "getting money". Sorry I need to see a "getting money" business plan.
5. Understand that I'm not going to sweat you about anything. you want some dude up your ass all the time, I'm not him. I grew up around a bunch of male chauvinists who never cried over or chased a woman. Like all relationships it's a choice to be together not a necessity. I've told all my girlfriends if you don't wanna be her you can go, no problem. The late great Biggie said it best "I don't chase them, I replace them"
6. Niceness, this is important. You have to be a nice person. The nicer the better. I'm nice but I need someone that makes me feel like I could do better. You feed the homeless? teach kids on the weekend, do an aids walk? that's the kind of stuff I need. Ok maybe that's unrealistic but at least be someone that will make me want to be a better person.
7. Dram free, Maybe you didn't know this but women are drama magnets. They just attrach shyt. you put a group of guys in a room with football playing and we will get along, hell we might even become lifelong friends. Not women they just seem to want to hate each other. I can't deal with this I don't need a woman everyday has a story about how she almost had to kick some bitch ass for disrespecting her
8. Pretty, you have to be pretty. I mean I do have to look at your ass daily. I put this last because you can have the rest and be a mud duck. As your grow you change personality wise but your always going to look how you look. Or better yet as my boy once said "Man I'm fine as frog hair, i cant have some ugly girl messing up my gene pool" I can't let you mess up my gene pool... lol
9. Family Oriented. I have a huge family, I mean I have like 20 cousins that I talk to on a regular basis, Not just Thanksgiving and Christmas. So I need someone that understands that. Someone that understands how I can consider my cousins brothers and if I'm having a BBQ at my house anywhere from 5 to 30 people may show. I'm a firm believer in the power of family.
10. Cook. I can cook but I also need someone that can cook. I don't need you to be Rachel Ray, just know your way around the kitchen. No and PB&J sandwhich doesn't not count and neither does fried chicken. I don't care if you can fry shyt, I'm trying to live not die of high cholesterol. I love Mexican food and banana pudding by the way.
So there are my 10 corners of my "perfect woman" box (thanks Ebonne). I know a box has 8 corners work with me people. You would think that's not too hard to find, I'm not really being demanding here. Maybe the divorce rate is so high in america because we settle for people too much. We have a "this is good for now" attitude when it comes to the opposite sex. I'm fairly certain that if I ever get married it will be to someone that meets at least 8 of the criteria above. I'd rather stay single then risk getting a divorce.
23 November 2007
20 November 2007
Anyway back to the point of this blog. I think I have a crush on someone. That's like some middle school shyt right? but it's not like I run and hide when I see her. I talk to her all the time she just will not go out with me. She staying being all nice to me, but no dates... lol I'd rather a girl be like "fukk your fat ass" than be nice and friendly. At least then I know she not interested. This girl throwing mixed messages, she brings me cheesecake and reese cups, stops past my desk to say hi (I guess I should mention I work with her) laughs at my stupid jokes. When I ask her out to lunch... NOPE. Damn what a brother gotta do? It's not even an infatuation I really think me and her could work. I just need an opening. Honestly I've been after this girl for a couple months since before the summer and I'm still at square one. I don't know if she likes me or is just being nice to me. When I ask her she says "I can't date right now... blah blah" all the things I see as excuses. Maybe it's not the right time in her life but damnit I want her. Oh well Oh well I'm about to go listen to pharcyde "I guess a twinkle in her eye is just a twinkle in her eye".. lmao
13 November 2007
06 November 2007
16 October 2007
15 October 2007
You ever do something and immediately regret doing it. Like someone calls and your first instinct is to let voice mail pick it up but Instead you answer it and within the first 30 seconds you know you made the wrong choice? You sit there to yourself like damnit why did I answer the phone?!!!
Young girls are developing way too quick. I've had one too many "dirty old man" moments on the train where I'm looking at some girl only to realize she like 16... lol
All around DC there are ads saying 1 in 20 people have AIDS. That's just scary but a game you can play is trying to guess who in a group of people has it. If your in a room with 40 people try and guess which 2 have the monkey. It might just save your life.
These RIP tees have gotten out of control.. I saw one that said "RIP my man Rockhead" are you serious? Rockhead? that was someone's nickname? And it was such an important nickname that you use it to remember him?
I was just thinking who still wears fubu? then I saw some 45 year old dude rocking a fubu football jersey and sweat band. why do old dudes insist on dressing young? They rarely ever do it right and they just embarrass themselves. When I hit 32 - 33 I'm switching to polo's and jeans. That's unless BDC gets big. If that happens then I'ma look like Russell Simmons out this bitch. But on the flip side them old dudes keep Marshall's and Ross in business.
07 October 2007
I've always walked an odd line, you know black guys who grew up in a white neighborhood and they never seem really comfortable around a bunch of other black people, like they are scared someone is going to call them out for not being "black" enough. I'm not like that I chillin the hood just as well as I chill at a country club. I've always adjusted to my enviorment. I tend to get along with everyone, it might be because I grew up in southern cali where I had friends from everywhere so I didn't really look at myself as a black person simply because it wasn't an issue. It wasn't like the black kids only hung out with other black kids or anything like that, you were friends with people you liked regardless of race. When I moved here it was so different. Everything was black and white, Us vs Them. I lived in Oxon Hill which is a 95% black neighborhood so it's not like I grew up in the suburbs. When I was in high school everyone just knew I wasn't from DC. They always said they could just tell. I don't know how, I guess I act just a little bit different. I didn't really make any lifelong friends in high school at least not male friends, Again I mostly hung with females. The dudes I did know were hustlers, odd that I would get along with them. I didn't really make life long friends till college and just like my younger days they were people I liked regardless of color, so here I am now with only 1 black friend. Not by choice but that's just how it happened.
05 October 2007
03 October 2007
My boy roe hit me to the 10 percent rule a while ago and let me tell you he aint never lied. For those that don't know here's the rule. when you meet a girl your trying to date you find out how her last boyfriend was and try to be 10% better. If he liked to kick her ass then just don't beat her. If he never took her out take her to get some food once and a while. Basicly if your 10% better than the last dude than your golden to her. After all what girl wants soeone worse than the dude they just broke up with?? But you cant be too good because then your fukking it up for the dude after you. Have some cutorsy. plus if you just do too much up front than you'll never be able to keep it up over a long period of time. You need to leave some room for improvement, if you peak 3 months into the relationship then your screwed.
This rule works pretty well unless the dude before you just set unrealistic goals and burned himself out. In which case the girl is expecting that and everyone who comes after cant possibly keep it up. for example i once dated this girl who expected me to open the car door everytime she got in or out the car... Thats too much i'll open the door for you to get in but i'll be damned if i open the door for you to get out. The dude that did that fukked it up for everyone... Lol
02 October 2007
I say this because my baby momma LOVES the drama, not like "ghetto girl slash tire" drama but "I'll sue your ass and write my senator" drama. She gets into it with everyone day cares, grocery stores, corner people. It don't matter, anyone that says or does somethig she doesn't like she's on they ass. I wonder sometimes if she is really happy. It's really the main reason we could never be together. I mean her day consists of trying to remember which court case she needs to follow up with. That can't be fun. I don't remember the last time she went out and did something or someone. lol I kid, I kid... but really she doesn't seem to have fun in life anymore. Everytime I see her I'm reminded that you should enjoy life above all else. Your not promised tomorrow so you better get your laughs in today. So when you see me cracking jokes at a museum or dying laughing at the stupidest of jokes just remember that the boy enjoys life.
First some background on me, I was born in Southern Cali and moved to DC about 14 years ago. So I've almost spent half my life in each place. That means I'm almost 28 for those who failed math. I have a 3 year old daughter who is my twin and sidekick, we fight bamma ass people... lol I work as a Computer Geek in downtown DC and I design Tee shirts on the side.
So basically you'll learn a lil more about me and how my mind works, I'm not going to promise to be fair, not offend or make sense. Only that I'll be honest.