23 November 2007

DC nightlife

You gotta love DC. Especially at night. Let me set the scene. Me and my cousin are Driving down Georgia ave 1am thanksgiving day. I'm about to hit this corner and this dude walking across the street flags me down. I stop (why I don't know) he asks me what way is quicker to walk to MD. again it's 1 am and we are on the corner of Georgia and new Hampshire ave. Although I was puzzled by the question thinking that it's a good 2 hour walk to MD from there I told him he could continue up Georgia and hit Montgomery county. He then said he was going to Gaithersburg and had just been let out of prison. Apparently DC police released him downtown 2 hours ago with no money, metro card or bus fare. He said they were supposed to give him a free ride on the train but that didn't happen. Now I'm fully regretting stopping as it's 1am and I'm talking to a dude fresh from lockup who he needs a car... lol Long story short I give him some change for the bus and he walks away. BTW I had no idea the bus runs so late in the city. I saw buses full of bammas all night.

4 comments:

Dope Girl said...

I was in a situation like that before, I was in Capitol Heights and this guy walks in the Taco Bell and asked whats the quickest way to somewhere I think he said VA. HE was like I just got out of jail I figured the DC one. I was like damn did u walk? He was like yea, I guess when you finally free you don't care how you get somewhere atleast you aren't in jail.. I felt bad for him and gave him some money to hop on the bus or something.

Dope Girl said...

Oh yea and the buses run all night in the city which makes me wonder why wouldn't the trains do that, hell why can't MD buses be like that.. smh

Ebonne said...

lmao

Opinionated Diva said...

LOL - You are waaaaaaaaay too nice!