14 January 2008

Do I look like a Clown?

So I was driving to the Metro (DC's subway system) this morning and I realized I can't juggle but so many things in my life. Last week my business partner basically told me I should take a vacation from the clothing line and "do me" since I have been a silent partner the last couple months. He was absolutely right I have been in complete no-grind mode the while he has been grinding like Pharrell and the Clipse.

So I was driving and thinking (I do my best thinking while I drive, It's not like I should be focused on the road or anything) and I realized that every time I try to add something to my life I leave something behind. In this case I added dating and going out more and the business got left. This is why I never cheat on my girlfriends, I'd never be able to keep up... lol. Before now any free time I got I would do business related stuff. Now when i'm free I usually try and set up a date to go have some fun. I've been on party mode since I got back from Vegas in nov. This is really counter productive because I'm going from making money to spending it. I really need to find a "happy medium" between family, going out and working, Or maybe I can finish that time machine I've been working on.....


On another note I can't believe the term "booking a girl" is not known anywhere but DC. You put her in your phone book aka "Book her". We have been saying that for years, it had to have moved outside the city by now. I'm going to start explaining everything that might be a DC only term.

7 comments:

WrkNProgress said...

I too find driving freeing, When I going through something I simply drive my way out of it.

Hmmmm Inever heard the term booking. I must go book some dudes.

Neat blog.

Opinionated Diva said...

I've never heard the term...people still use phone books?

I struggle for balance too...I think we all do. Sacrifice more of those "fun days" for "work days" Homie!

Ms. Behaving said...

Booking shows... Now that I've heard of!
Booking studio time.... Yeap...heard of that too..."but booking a girl"?!?!?!

Hmmm...Lemme see... [*flippin' through my mental database*]

Nope...
Nuh Unnn...
No Siree...
Not in my lifetime...

Guess there's a first time for everything hunh?? :-)

Muze said...

yeah never heard the term booking a girl. kinda fits though. lol.

i like you blog. i'll be back.

Eb the Celeb said...

Excuse me... that is not a good reason to not cheat on your girlfriends...LOL

you know I'm on a mission to point out all the faults now...

Just joking...

Andie said...

Booking... I havent used that word in a minute.

I been there, trying to find balance and things just screw up.

I find that scheduling my life works out alot better being that I am not on grind mode for this website, working, trying to do the t-shirt thing (im hiring lmaooo non paying though lol) take care of the munchkin, and finish school and of course party.

Just find your center.

And you owe me...lmao

Monie said...

Okay, got all caught up. I dig your blog. You're a funny dude. I'll be back.