02 January 2008

Happy New Year!!!

There is a saying that however you spend new years eve is how you will spend the rest of the year. For example, if your out single and parting you will spend the rest of the year single and parting Or if your with loved ones you will be surrounded by loved ones all year. you get the idea well I hope this is not true because I spent my new Years eve sick in the bed. I got off work and went straight to bed, I felt horrible. I realized it was 2008 when I heard fireworks and gun shots outside.
Thats when I realized how different my neighborhood has become in the last 4 years. when I first bought my house I swear I was 1 of 2 black people on the street. Everything was quiet, for the record I live in the suburbs right next to a golf course a good 15 min outside the city. I moved out to the burbs to get away from the hood, the gun shots and the police sirens. Over the years the white folks moved out and the black folks moved in and all the sudden we had security patrols and kids riding dirt bikes around the elementary school. I hate to say niggas brought the neighborhood down but it sure seems that way. Shyt I even started seeing graffiti and weed baggies on the playground where my daughter plays. Don't get me wrong, it's not the hood by any means it's just different then it was before. I can't remember a new years where I heard anything outside, now there is fireworks and gunshots I mean WTF??? So as I lay in my bed I was thinking about moving and throwing up at the same time. Hopefully my 2008 will not consist of me being sick and tired of my new neighbors and moving. Especially since the housing market sucks..

1 comment:

mp1 v.8.0 said...

The same thing happened with my hood. We were the 1st or 2nd black fam to move on the street and we started seeing for sale signs popping up everywhere. That was about 12 years ago. Now, it's hard to find a hard fam on the street. I guess that's the state of affairs in America. You can't leave stuff behind. You've got to reform the hood from the inside.

That sucks that the gunshots followed you to the burb, though. I'd be pissed. Heck, that's my life now and I'm pissed about it.