07 January 2008

Winter Relationships

I posted this last year on myspace and I think it still holds true today....

As the holiday season draws to a close I'm reminded of something my uncle Curtis told me years ago. Never get a new girl in the winter. I mean Never, just too much going on for a new relationship to survive. think about it, you have Thanksgiving, where she just might meet the family. Once she meets the family they will ask about her forever , you don't need that for some girl who might not even last a month. Then you have to get her something for Christmas, which is a disaster because something too nice and your committed to buying nice things forever, something too cheap and she thinks you really don't care and she is just another jumpoff. Plus she may see the family again so they will really ask about her all the time. It's a no win. Then you have to take her out for new years, that's more money on a girl you may or may not think will last till the spring. THEN you have Valentines Day!!! which is a all girl day, dudes get squat for V-day. So you have to do something romantic for that. So in 1 season you have a years worth of relationship stuff, that's just not a good thing. Better to wait till the spring and give it all spring, summer and fall to get to know her before having to go thru all that. My uncle is a wise man, I can only hope to teach the youth as well as he taught me.

4 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Good points... winter is really primetime for jump-off season.... have someone to cuddle up with when it gets a little brisk and there out of your face when the heat is up too high. I hate meeting parents... I'm like a dude when it comes to that stuff... I was with my boyfriend in high school for 6 months (you know thats a long time in HS) without meeting his mom... and my mom told me I couldnt go to the prom unless I went over there and let her see me in my dress... I was so pissed, so I met his mom for the first time on my way to the prom...

Andie said...

I agree with Eb, it seem like after the summer everyone is trying to snatch someone up for the winter. My relationships have never lasted to any special holidays. Other than the relationship with Hailey's dad and his fam was dysfunctional. I didn't ask to meet them, hell I didn't want to.

And what V-Day if I ever keep a man that long, we doing everything in the book that night... He don't even have to buy me squat.. You already know how I am feed me and ........lmao

Summer time it's hot and everyone is half naked, so many think "What's the point?"

Shai said...

I read somewhere it is called the seaonal roam except some men look for women right before it gets cold to have someone to cuddle with then they find ways to avoid giving gifts on holidays by fighting or breaking up. If they do not break up in the winter, they def do in the spring so they can get their summer hopping on.

I think it is sad though that some men and even women believe this. I can understand if you are not into a serious relationship or want one. I have been with a guy who had on problem with doing things or me meeting the family.

*B* Fab said...

WOW! I've never heard or seen a guy admit it but its SO true! Guys always make themselves scarce, unavail around the winter/holiday season, pop in after new years to say what's up, dip back out before Valentine's day then all up in your face once Spring hits! LOL!!! such a vicious cycle!