19 February 2008

She want that old thing back

"Even though I don't say it, I do still love you" That's the text I received on my phone last night. My baby momma is having feelings for me again. I ignored it as usual. I kinda got the feeling that she wanted to get back together a couple weeks ago, she has been extra nice to me lately. Telling me she cooked and I could get a plate, inviting me to watch movies at her house, hell she even brought chocolates and a candle to my house on valentines day when she came to pick our daughter up. I simply turn down or ignore all advances. That's not a place I'm going back too. We have been broken up for like 3 years. I don't go backwards with women, I always remember we broke up for a reason. I even keep her nasty emails as a reminder on why we broke up. On an odd note she's actually the reason I started cooking, when we broke up she made it seem like my daughter would be eating pizza hut and carryout all the time with me. She started sending food with her since I couldn't cook. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to be told what I CAN'T do, so I started cooking. Hell I can follow a recipe, I went to college lol. The food came out good and me and the baby have been eating good ever since. Guess what happened next? she tasted something that I cooked and she started liking me even more. Turns out women like a man that can cook, who would have thought?

So today i get to ignore that the text ever happened. My uncle gave me the best advice ever on how to deal with a baby mom or in his case a ex-wife. he said "stay the course" meaning regardless of how up and down a woman gets you stay level and do what you have always done. If you try and ride that roller coaster with them you are doomed to fail. Stay the course and ignore the ups and downs, one day they love you the next they hate you, it's happened before and will happen again. You can't control how they feel you can only control what you do.

11 comments:

Ms. Behaving said...

So she's inching her way back is she???

[LOL @ her tasting something you cooked and liking you even more.]

It's the truth...we women have a soft spot for a brotha who can throw down in the kitchen.

Reads like ya mind is made up about not rekindling an old flame.

And your uncle...he knows his stuff!! :-)

NikkiJ said...

Forgiveness is a powerful thing, and it doesn't mean that you have to ride a roller coaster.

DurtyMo said...

LOL @ UNC telling you the real deal. Stay the course young man, stay the course!

Opinionated Diva said...

you didn't get the memo that women luv men who can cook???!!! Seriously??? Uhhh yeah...we do! lol

Yoooooooooo...your uncle gave you great advice though. Be strong. Hopefully she will meet someone new soon.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I'm very proud of you for staying the course. It ain't easy to be strong...so much easier to be weak. The reality is that there IS a reason why you broke up and people don't usually change that much. You are like me....I have not been in a relationship in a minute but I will keep mean emails are voice messages as a reminder to how crazy and hateful it got. Stay strong, and good for you for learning how to cook. I can follow a recipe too, but it never quite reaches the point that I would let anyone but me eat it....LOL

Eb the Celeb said...

yeah...that was incredible advice from your uncle...

Soooo... what you be cookin?

Koffee Dyme said...

Yes women sure love when a man could cook. the ex cook all the time.. he choose to do it and heck i supported that lol....

Your uncle spoke the truth..

Philly's Andrea said...

That's true...stay off that rollercoaster cause once you step foot back on, shit once you even look like you're headed that way, she will forever know she’s GOT you. Even if you promise not to let it happen again, she will know the power that she possessed the first time. Each time she will come back stronger and stronger.


Once it’s over...keep it like that because the worse thing men do is back slide. And then that's when all the drama comes into play. She thinks she has the power and nine times out of ten all you wanted was pussy.

Brittany_83 said...

Funny how relationships work.

Sha Boogie said...

Wow that was insighful- no truer words have been spoken about dealing with an ex..dang she tasted some of your cooking and now she wants your puddin! HA!

VertigoVirgo said...

I think the same could be said of men, but somewhat inside out. Men, want to come back to you only for their purposes, and women fall for that...but then again, I really wouldn't know...not a single soul saw fit to ever come back to me, or apologize for doing me dirty. oh, well.

My brother is in love with a girl, that keeps on the path of sometimes wanting him and sometimes not...I told him..."Brother, women are always doing either of two things...they're testing you or they aren't...if a woman says give her 2 weeks to think it over...you give her 3, the more space you give her (more than she initially asked for) the more she will feel compelled to come to you"...sad, but in most cases...true.