31 March 2008

Cooking With Dave

I know what your thinking, "Dave talked up that cooking show like 2 years ago and he never said anything else about it, he full of shit" I know I know, But I had to work with my people to get it edited and stuff. I did promise a show and today I'm going to deliver.

First let me give a back story. My lil cousin wants to make movies, he bought all this video equipment and had never filmed anything. He kept saying he needed footage to to edit and work on but he didn't have anything to shoot. So I volunteered to film some stuff with him to practice on. He came up with the idea of a cooking show since I'm always cooking something. This is the first episode of that, originally we were going to film me cooking a couple things but we got lazy and only did one. Overall I think it came out pretty good for a pilot episode. Here are some notes while watching:
I'm wearing a Bustamante Shirt, that's my company and I mention Nomaddz in it, thats his company(shameless product plug I know but hell it's my show lol) Also please ignore the music, my cousin didn't let me pre-approve the musical selections. And lastly I look hella big in this joint, I might have to reconsider my daughters Fat Joe claims... lmao

Enjoy Cooking with Dave.

11 comments:

Opinionated Diva said...

"Butter makes it better"??? It does huh?! LOL!

The music...had me crackkkkkkkin up, but I liked it.

Overall, I thought this was so cute and can't wait for the next installment!

Now I need to find something to eat because I am absolutely starving!

Ms. Behaving said...

LOL @ your reconsidering the little lady's claims of your resembling Fat Joe.

The video is cool and ya french toast came out lookin' mmmm mmmm good.

Off I go in search of some lunch. You got me over here hungry as hell!!! [LOL]

MP said...

I like this! I can't wait for more. I enjoy cooking shows because I can't cook!

CocaColaCutie said...

yay cooking with dave! it started off gourmetish, but then when you didn't add a sprig of mint, random berries or fruit compote (and taking into account the soundtrack) i realized that you're still from round the way. lol. good stuff

One Man’s Opinion said...

Okay, this is the comment page so I am allowed to be honest, right? As a matter of fact, i would think you would expect it.
First, the artist in me loved the shirt, but did not get the connection, but of course there was no connection to the cooking show, unless it was the fact that it was your business (shameless blog, as you mentioned). Second, yeah, the sound track was not called for, althought I liked the song "Maria", I had never heard it before. Last, since I watch a lot of the food network, I would have enjoyed more talking with the actual cooking. As a viewer, I like to feel like you are aware of me and holding a conversation with me. But, other than that....I like. I like.

Ieisha said...

So we gonna need to talk to the music director about the soundtrack, lol...swore I heard Laffy Taffy and can't say that the discriminating music lover in me was fond of that one.

As for your French toast, tasty!

And I see you're an organic man!

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

@Diva - Butter makes everything better.. lol

@Ms. Behaving - Yeah My baby might be on to something. So I'll be in the gym this week.. lol

@MP - I'll be glad to give lessons, maybe we will add the recipe next time.

@Cutie - hhhmmm random berries. And what you know about fruit compote?

@One Man - Thanks for the honesty, I hated that laffy taffy garbage but that "Maria" song was a Micheal Jackson tune. I told the producer that nobody could hear me talking. This was a rough draft so the next one should be better.

@Ieisha - awww you peeped the milk. I try and keep it healthy to even out the butter lmao

Eb the Celeb said...

HA... I LOVE IT!

NikkiJ said...

Good job. Powdered sugar and a fruit compote would have been perfect. Next time, cook an entire meal. You probably normally eat french toast with sausage and eggs too. Healthy people eat with fruit and stuff.

And oh, don't be talking down about yourself. So what you a little thick. You look sexy being all domestic and sh#$, don't he ladies?

Opinionated Diva said...

Definitely Nikk!

BorednTalkative said...

I liked it. it was good for a rough draft. Your french toast was looking good, I'm hungry now. I'm a sucker for a man that can cook.