24 March 2008

A Day Off

Let me start by saying that "Easter Monday" is not a holiday and everyone should be at work/school just like I am. Every easter sunday people ask me "your not off tomorrow?" When they know damn well that it's not a holiday. Just because the white house does the easter egg roll today does not mean Its a national holiday. While I'm at it I don't really celebrate any holiday that I have to work on. I figure that if it was a real holiday I'd get a day off. Mothers day, fathers day, easter, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa theses are not real holidays. If they want respect they should get a day off... lol That's my logic and I'm sticking to it. With that said I did eat a bunch of food that I didn't cook and hung out with the family yesterday. And I discovered that I can add strawberries to my apple pie and take it to another level, I'll be grilling and baking every weekend this spring and summer so feel free to swing past.

This post was not supposed to be about easter but about me getting a day off. Not from work but from chasing my daughter. See I rarely get a full 24 hours without the lil girl. Especially if it's the weekend. So I get jealous when people have whole weekends without their kids. That's like 48 hours, do you know what I could do with 48 hours of free time where I didn't have to work, take care of a baby or worry about that call from my baby momma asking me to come pick up our daughter because they are working each others nerves.(why exactly can't women get along?) I need go out of town just to get a break, like I'm running away.... lol

14 comments:

Brittany_83 said...

I feel you on the 48 hour thing. Being a parent means you are on call 24/7. I'm not ready for that.

Opinionated Diva said...

How old is your daughter? I thought she was about three/four. If they already can't get along...just know it's going to get worse before it gets better! lol

And by the way...I took today off - ha! LOL!

NikkiJ said...

I don't give these out much, and especially to men I don't know. But cause I thought I just heard myself talking, here goes.

You're a good Daddy. A good sweet, responsible, loving Daddy and it will ALL pay off one day soon. Please believe this. Especially on days when you're feeling worn out.

MP said...

Easter Monday is Canadian isn't it? I hate when people ask me if I have certain days off mostly because I am pissed that I don't!

MP said...

Easter Monday is Canadian isn't it? I hate when people ask me if I have certain days off mostly because I am pissed that I don't!

MP said...

Easter Monday is Canadian isn't it? I hate when people ask me if I have certain days off mostly because I am pissed that I don't!

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

@Britt - Wait as long as you can, enjoy the kid free life.. lol

@Diva - She will be 4 this year, They have bumped heads since she started talking.

@Nikki - Thanks for the support, All my friends say I make it look easy so I guess that's a good thing.

@MP - I've never heard of easter monday being a holiday. If it's canadian I might start claiming it.. lol

Eb the Celeb said...

I never heard of people being off for easter monday... but I thought everyone had good friday off... until people were on IM on friday asking me if I had to work... I was at home watching the games and they were at work... I thought every company took good friday off... that was an eye opener for me

Ieisha said...

You are now my favorite blog...never thought I'd find another single parent trying to raise the next president and date simultaneously. Well, if my fella wants to be prez, I'm cool with that. As long as its legal, he's got my full support.

Very interested in your thoughts on parenting and dating.

I am oh so intrigued!

BorednTalkative said...

Easter Monday is a holiday here in the UK. Everyone had the day off.

RealHustla said...

Run away, just don't forget to come one back after 48 hours

The Jaded NYer said...

Wait- you don't get weekends off? That's some bullsh*t right there!!!

I'm a lil late in the game so I don't know the situation- are you the custodial parent? 'Cause I am, too, but I made sure that those two crazy heifers go away sometimes. It keeps me from putting rat poison in their cereal... I'm just sayin...

Ms. Behaving said...

It's rare for me to acknowledge when a brotha is right [LOL] but on this right here "I don't really celebrate any holiday that I have to work on. I figure that if it was a real holiday I'd get a day off. Mothers day, fathers day, easter, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa theses are not real holidays."

I gotta give it up :-)

Makes complete sense to me!!

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

@Eb - You suck for getting good friday off, that's not a real holiday either.

@Ieisha - Welcome!! glad your enjoying the blog, please come again.

@Boredntalkative - British holidays don't count, we fought a war to not celebrate with ya'll.. lmao

@Realhustla - I've thought about it a couple times believe me.

@Jayded NYer - We have Joint and since my baby momma lives close my daughter goes back and forth daily.

@Ms Behaving - I'm glad you agree with me, Ideally we would get all those days off. Or we can just move to the UK.. lol