20 March 2008

A Hairy Situation

ok I have a confession. I have no idea how to do hair. I've never had long hair (well as a kid I had a bush but that was my moms fault) so I really don't know how to comb or brush or condition or really do much of anything with hair. I wash mine and roll out. no grease, conditioner, moose or anything. I even keep it cut so I don't have to brush it. My daughter doesn't care if her hair is done or not but she doesn't help the situation either. She absolutely hates getting her hair brushed. She cries, runs and just generally tries anything to get out of it. Now with me not knowing exactly what I'm doing and her not wanting to be my guinea pig we have daily battles over hair. Now I should mention that her mom does a great job doing her hair, I've watched her do it many times yet I still cannot figure it out. I learned how to do a pony tail when my daughter was 2 1/2. It took me a good year to get that down, so you know I can't corn roll, part or do anything else really. I'm a ponytail dad lol. Anytime she is with me she has a ponytail and not one of those tight every hair in it's place, extra grease holding everything together ponytails either. I'm talking a daddy special ponytail with every hair that wanted to play nice in it's place. I don't care if it's not perfect, she's 3 her hair is not supposed to be perfect. This is real life, I do my best so until she sits still and lets me practice she will have daddy specials...lol

btw: this is also another reason I need to get married. So I can have someone in house to handle all hair related problems. lol

10 comments:

NikkiJ said...

You are very funny, Babby Daddy, but you need to get this hair thing down. Don't make excuses. Start by asking your Babby Mama to do a style that will last a while and try to get the baby to sleep with a scarf on. OR you can find a natural hair care place and make that ya'lls first stop when you start your parenting shift. There are ton's of instructional videos on youtube. You know practice makes perfect!!! If you don't take care of it properly and let it dry out and then fall out who's fault will that be? Try to find a cousin, auntie, grandma, somethin'. Don't let that baby go around looking crazy.

NikkiJ said...

Check my spelling for Baby. You caught me stuttering.

Opinionated Diva said...

LOL!!! I don't expect any man to be able to hook his daughter's hair up...though some can.

Practice makes perfect anyway!

LOL...I can only imagine what those daddy's specials look like though!

Ms. Behaving said...

LOL @ "daddy's specials".

Well...ya gotta give yourself an "E" for EFFORT!!

No child likes getting their hair done at that age...
So my suggestion is your arranging to have her hair braided once a week [or atleast every other week].

Ya know til' you've had time enough to brush up on ya skillz n' all that!!

MP said...

LOL get married! Those Daddy specials can only cut it but for so long!

Brittany_83 said...

I am a female and don't really know how to do my own hair lol. I let the salon handle all that.

memphiz said...

lol at least you making an attempt to do the childs head.

The Jaded NYer said...

HA HA, bring her over, I'll touch it up for you ;)

but I agree with Nikkij- can't her mom do a style that will last so you don't have to deal with it? It's what I do when I send my kids with their father. Otherwise, like I already said, they walk in my house looking like Celie...

also of note: when she was three, I let my little one walk around looking like a crazy aborigine, much to my mom's chagrin.

don't sweat the hair and just enjoy her while she's still cute. because later you'll want to strangle her and wonder where your baby girl went! HA!

DurtyMo said...

LOL! You poor thang! You can go on You.Tube and type "ponytails and other hair stuff for dummies" (I'm not calling you a dummy of course I'm just saying) LOL! They have videos on there to do just about ANYTHING.. use your resources young man!

BorednTalkative said...

My daughter hates to comb her hair as well. i can put it in ponytails but i'm not great with braiding, so I get my sister to do it every weekend for me. Saves me having to do it everyday.