11 March 2008

Not at Work

So we recently had a sexual harassment charge in my office, I'm not sure what the guy did but apparently he took an ongoing joke a lil too far and he is no longer working here. The crazy thing is that the woman told on him and everyone else, so now nobody in the off can do anything. She got her own cube (she shared a "pod" before) and we all got emails about watching our language, not watching movies at our desk (even on our lunch break) and not playing lotto or talking too loud. This doesn't seem fair, when it happened she didn't seem that upset but I'ma man so I guess I can't relate.

Wait a minute yes I can, One day I was walking down the hall in my building and this older lady smacked me on my butt. I'll be honest it caught me off guard but I just brushed it off and kept it moving. Now years later this same woman comes to my new desk to visit the other people in my "pod". She came to visit them but said hi to me and rubbed my shoulders and gave me a hug. I don't even know this lady's name and now she demands a hug every time I see her. Is that sexual harassment? I think it is, I'm not a into hugging people at work. Unless they female, single and in my age bracket. lol Personally I though the lady was gay but she stays hugging men. It's not just me either it's every dude she comes across. She's a menace lol Maybe if I file charges against her I can get my own cube... hmmmm

9 comments:

Opinionated Diva said...

You should put a stop to that pronto!

Smackin you on the azz...rubbing your shoulders and damn near demanding a hug is a bit much. Especially because you don't even know chick's name!

LMAO @ you trying to get your own office though.

You know you love "the corner"!

Tired of being broke said...

LOL @ trying to get your own cube.

In all seriousness if it makes you uncomfortable ask her to stop, especially since you do not even know her name. WTH??

I am not into being touchy feely at work.

DollFace said...

That isht is no joke in the work place!

Unfortunately, men have a harder time trying to file charges...you trying to be known as the guy that got Granny fired?

But seriously, if you want her to stop tell her you don't want anyone to misconstrue anything after what recently happened. That way, you get to be the good guy:)

MP said...

Oh hell yeah you are being sexually harrassed! She's horny!

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

Ok I guess I should add that I don't really mind giving her a hug. I compare it to that "Kiss Hello" episode of Seinfeld. She is a nice enough person she just likes to give out hugs. She does it to everyone so I'm not being singled out, Plus I finally did learn her name. So that makes it a lil better right?

Ms. Behaving said...

It is far too easily assumed that men are AUTOMATICALLY okay with shyt like that but if you ask me, it's definitely not the bidness and she should told as much.

I know you want a cube [HELL SO DO I] but not like dat maaaannn!!! LOL

Brittany_83 said...

I'm with everyone else..how you gonna know this lady for years and not know her name.lol

Sha Boogie said...

LOL! Why was I thinking the same thing about you getting your own cube before I got to the bottom, hilarious!

Eb the Celeb said...

yeah you should report her... thats definitely harassment... they might laugh at you though... but at least you'll have your own cube right? LOL