03 April 2008

The Good Life

This morning I was getting dressed and I threw on a ashy ass black T-shirt. Then I had this convo with myself:

Me: This shirt faded as hell
Me: Man fukk it, I'll just say it's vintage..lol (yes I laughed at myself)
Me: It's not like the dress code at work that says I can't wear faded stuff.

Thanks when I realized that I have a pretty good life.

- My daughter loves me
- My mom loves me
- My Niece and sister love me
- Matter of fact I think my whole family loves me.
- I have friends who love me
- I'm 28, I've been a homeowner since I was 23
- I have a stable job (which for a contractor is good)
- Random old white women say hi to me (this is amazing to me)
- I really like where I work and my co-workers. I've never not looked forward to coming to work.
- Basically the only dress code at my job is men can't wear shorts or sleeveless shirts.
- Even thought I complain I sit in the best corner of the office.
- Yesterday my baby momma called me and said my daughter hurt her knee at daycare and was walking with a limp and crying. The moment I pulled up she came RUNNING up to give me a hug. So I have some amazing healing power over my daughter.
- Even thou I'm broke I own all my cars (3) and I'm not worried about paying my bills.
- I learned years ago how to just let stuff go and K.I.M (keep it moving) please refer to the Walt Disney quote on the side of the page.
- I think I've help raise and had a positive impact of a couple of my cousins.
- People tell me how much of an asshole I am and how much they like me in the same sentence. So I'm a likeable asshole.
- It's spring time and I live in a city which has some the most beautiful women in the country.
- I'm also single in the above city... lol
- "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my house smells of rich mahogany" - Ron Burgundy
- I have a sense of humor

So I consider myself pretty lucky in life. Sure plenty of things have happened to me that some people may consider unlucky, for example I went a week with being in so much pain I couldn't walk. I had open heart surgery when I was 5 And I have a titanium rod in my leg (all long unrelated stories that I'm not sharing) But hell I'm still here and they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. So today I celebrate the little things that make life grand. Friends, Family and Faded shirts.

16 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Good for you... its good to reflect. We often find ourselves complaining all the time about whats going wrong in our life so its good to take the time to appreciate what we do have. You still dead wrong for that faded t-shirt though...lol

Eb the Celeb said...

LOL @ your healing power with your daughter... its funny how kids magically forget about their pain in an instant

Ms. Behaving said...

"I learned years ago how to just let stuff go and K.I.M (keep it moving)"

Man...that's a skill I could stand to master right there!!

Opinionated Diva said...

I think we all need to do a check like yours to remind of us all the good going on in our lives.

A home owner since you were 23 huh??? KUDOS to you!

RealHustla said...

Now, go out there with all this confidence and snag you one of those sun dress wearing women. Screw the great debate, just do it.

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

@Eb - Shyt I'm still fly with an ashy shirt. Like Kanye you can't tell me nothing...lol

@Ms. Behaving - KIM helped me get thru a bunch of stuff. Life always moves forward and never back.

@Diva - yeah, I started not to put the house thing because it sounds like I'm bragging. But this is my blog so I can put whatever I want right?

@Realhustla - You don't now I have a weakness for sun dresses and heels. I swear any woman could look good in them... well not ANY woman but you get the idea.

MP said...

This was a really nice post. It is always important to step back and look at the blessings because complaining comes so naturally. Thank you for the reminder!!!

Ieisha said...

Friends, Family and Faded Shirts....that should have been the title of your post, lol. But on the real, that was good to read. My last post was not positive but you got me to thinking about the things I am happy about and the blessings in my life. Kudos to you for recognizing you livin' the good life!

Let's go on a living spree...they say the best things in life are free!

Brittany said...

People need to learn to think like this at all times. At times people are only thinking like this when something tragic happens. Glad your life is GREAT! lol

DollFace said...

Reading this makes me more grateful for the things I have.

On an unrelated note...with the rod in your leg do you have to go through any special provisions at the airport? Arbitrary...but I'm still curious.

-Q. said...

I agree fam,a very good life. I just think your blessed though not lucky.
Man I miss this spot- aint been here ina while, gotta read up doggy. -Q.

MzM said...

Great post! I agree with all the comments about reflecting on life and what's important. Some of us get too comfortable in the role of "victim" instead of victor. I really enjoy your blog, thanks for sharing so much of yourself!

DurtyMo said...

Awww now I feel all warm and fuzzy. Thank Gawd for faded shirts, how else would you have known how blessed and lucky you really are!

Excellent Post!

LOL @ you being amazed that old white women say hi to you! LOL!!

Ms. Lovely said...

lol.. I like the fact that your're a likeable asshole. Keep that positive outlook!

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

@dollface - Yeah I get extra attention going thru airports, I get the hand wand everytime. I'm sure people think I'm on a terrorist list or something.. lol

@Durtymo - Just ask Obama how important it is for old white women to like you... lol

Sha Boogie said...

That is totally awesome. I feel the same way, even though life may throw you some curve balls, looking at the glass as half full is a beautiful thing.