05 May 2008

27 tuxes

So I was in my God-sisters wedding this weekend. It was fun but I realized that I'll be in 2 weddings this year and I've been in 4 in the last 4 years. I really missed the "Hey everyone lets get married!" memo all my friends passed around. Anyway here is a recap of the days events.

The wedding was supposed to start at 3:30pm, so they told all the groomsman to be at the reception place at 12:30 so we could get dressed and a limo was going to pick us up and drive us to the church. This was cool because our car would already at the reception place and we wouldn't have to worry about a ride back to the church. Of course me being the on-time non-CPT person that I am I get there at 1:00 thinking I'm late. Nope I'm the only one there. Not only that the whole place is closed, security guard talking about he knows nothing about it and I can't come in. So I sit outside waiting on the groom to show up. Once he and a couple other groomsmen get there we decide to go get dressed at the church. Now I could have gotten dressed at home, it's not like I needed makeup or something but Hey it's thier wedding I'm just doing as I'm told.

Once we get to the church everything is cool, people walking around taking pictures. We are dressed and standing in the hall like a bunch of well dressed high school kids. We joke about this and that, nobody is close to nervous not even the groom. By the way it's 4pm, yep the wedding is late. Now we are standing in ANOTHER location waiting to walk into the church. The happy couple wanted to have doves released after the ceremony and the dove guy pops his head in and asks "What's going on? ya'll have not started yet?" We all give him the "Who you telling" look. It's about 5pm.

Ceremony finally starts, it was hot as hell in that church and all the groomsmen were sweating in they tuxes. Even the groom had to break out the handkerchief like 8 times. I'm sure people thought he was nervous but it was just hot up there in the spotlight, This is not a good look. I'm hot standing in front of everyone and getting more bored by the second. People in the crowd are waving at me, I'm like WTF??? am I supposed to wave back? ya'll trying to get me killed. My godsister don't play. She younger then me but she will curse me out the same. So as the preacher reads his stuff but he is messing up so my baby directs him from under her weding viel. My godsister is a beast she's wispering shyt to him about how he not following the program. Then this baby started crying. My god-sister looks back like she was about to put a hit out on that poor child. I start to worry that this could get ugly, luckily the momma takes the kid out and everything gets back to normal. Then the wedding singer starts singing a lil too emotionally, it's the funniest thing I saw and I couldn't even laugh at him because I was up front. Dude had on a black blazer with silver glitter all over it, I'm looking to the sky for help as the bridesmaids are looking at me trying not to laugh.

This blog is getting kinda long so I'll wrap things up. The wedding cake was so good that I might buy one just for the hell of it(they said it was $5 a slice from the bakery so maybe I'll just get 2 slices). These people had an ice sculpture, doves and a hummer limo but a cash bar. I was upset because I wanted to get FUBAR. I even had a bottle of Patron in the trunk but guess what?? my car was at the church &*%^%*&!!!! anyway, I walked into the reception with this girl who shares my last name... kinda awarkward since they anounce names of the bridal party at the reception. I could feel my mom give me the side eye until they announced "No relation", Then she was all smiles. While we were mingling around that same bridesmaid and I were going for a walk and I stopped to say hi to my mom. My mom was like "Is this the Mrs?" I laugh about it till my mom says "She would make a good choice" I said a quick gotta go and got the hell out of dodge. why my momma trying to marry me off? I already gave her ass a grandchild what more does she want from me? The bridesmaid said something else to my mom and caught up with me outside. We chatted for a while exchanged numbers and I arranged transportation back to our cars. This post was hella long, thanks for taking the time to read it. Here is a pic of me taken by the bridesmaid at the reception.

13 comments:

Ieisha said...

First, nice pic. You clean up well.

Second, don't be rollin' ya eyes at Moms...folks have found their mates at OPW, other people's weddings.

And you know it wasn't all too bad cuz you got ole girl's number. Another first date in your future? Lol.

Thank god there are people out there that share my sentiments on CP time....we gots to do better!

Cash bar but a Hummer, an ice sculpture AND doves...well, had they downsized to maybe a Jeep Liberty, some sno-cones and pigeons, you might've gotten that open bar you were wishin' for, lol.

Patron....good taste! Best tequila I've ever had.

Rebecca said...

This blog is great....I'm dead at the singer with the sliver glitter suit lol... Sounds like an interesting/beautiful wedding You look so handsome I love the tie and flower in your lapel...

RealHustla said...

Seems like you ended up having a good time. And, you did exactly what your mom wanted you to do. Get her numer. Good luck with that, and maybe next time it'll be you.

Oh yeah. The cash bar keeps folks in check. They're less likely to get uncontrollably drunk when they have to spend their own money. Cause it sounds like the bride was NOT going to be cool with folks acting a fool at her reception.

Brittany said...

It's so funny that all weddings are different. I have only been to two and never been in any. There is always something funny happening at a black wedding. Never fails.

DreamCop08 said...

Dave you cheating on me??lol

anyway i am loving the pic of you in the suit.

and you must have been feeling old girl cause you gave her your number, MEN always trying to down play stuff,lol

anyway hon I hope you have a nice day and check out the blog I did one on you and the blog family

DollFace said...

That isht had to be funny in person because I was laughing just reading it. Nice pic.

Eb the Celeb said...

Aaawee..,, dave you look so handsome... almost tempting me to change my preferences...lol

mp1 v.8.0 said...

Good stuff, man.

Never been a participant in a wedding, so I can only imagine how boring that could be. My wedding was at my spot, so I didn't have to deal with a lot of commotion.

Being on other folks time would irk me to the nth degree.

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Weddings is good for adding on to tha team ;-)

Lady Cameleon said...

Nice pic........by the way im Lady C :)

MP said...

Nice pic!

My wedding is starting on time no if and or buts about it. Whoever isn't there will just have to miss out!

LMAO at her glaring at the baby!

Opinionated Diva said...

Awwwwwww don't you look absolutely adorable!

I can just picture you looking up trying not to laugh!

Funny stuff!

Ms. Behaving said...

LOL @ mom trying to marry you off...

Giving your parents grandchildren is just the tip of the iceberg.

Nothing spells makin' mama proud like seeing their child(ren) walk down the aisle/make that lifelong commitment.

Lookin' good in that tux by the way...