13 May 2008

Live From the Corner Pt. STFU

Ok so I'm the youngest person on my team. Which means a couple things, first I get to make "I remember back in the day" jokes all the time and whenever someone new comes on board I have to prove to they that I know my shyt. I'm the type of person who play around alot and cracks jokes all day. That is until it's time to work, then I'm a true straight to the point asshole. I want my respect damnit!!!

This leads me to our newest co-worker, Dude is like 50 maybe and is constantly taking about how he been in computers for 30 years and shyt. Now this is nice and all but I don't care how they did things in the 80's. hell I don't care how they did things in the 90's this is how things are done now. Dude is one of them slick talking people who don't say shyt. You know the type who can repeat what you just said but make it sound better. Them people you always have a comment only the comment didn't ad to the convo. Yeah I hate that. I know what I said and I said it right, I don't need a parrot. Anyway he's a slick dude and he kinda hits on all the women in the office, I noticed this but couple have mentioned how he is just creepy. So he's on dirty old man status with me.

Then to top is all of he don't even know shyt. He came and asked me a question. I told him steps he could take and even provided a manual he could review. You know this bamma came back and asked for more help. I asked if he did the first steps I suggested and he only did the the 1st one. I was like WTF!!! your bothering me again? how about you follow directions? I told him the same steps AGAIN and even asked him if he got it. He repeated it word for word and went about his biz. Next morning was a straight repeat. I couldn't believe it. So I asked more direct "Did you do the other stuff I suggested?"... Nope, then he rolls from my desk real quick. He's a friendly dude but I'm sorry but I don't have the energy for the BS. If you wanna talk cars, women, TV whatever I'm good but when it comes to work this is how I feed my daughter, you can't expect me to hold your hand.


Speaking of my daughter remember that "Daddy Special" ponytail I give my daughter mentioned a while back? yeah here is a pic of it.




For the record this was a poor effort even by my standards but it's enough to give you the general idea.

11 comments:

RealHustla said...

Yeah, I don't like your new co-worker either. Don't trip, sounds like if no one tells him about he sexual harassment issues in that office, he'll be gone soon anyway.

Now, regarding baby girl's hair. Looks like you need a spritz or something. Go to Motowngirl.com and get you some recipes under the Homemade Hair Recipes tab. If it's easier to comb through you can make a much smoother, neater Daddy Special. Then, who knows, there might be some flat twists or corn rows in you guy's future.

RealHustla said...

Matter fact, try giving Two Puffs a try. Buy some barrettes too.

Opinionated Diva said...

LUV the afro puff...she is soooooooo cute! LOL!

I hate to repeat myself to people...especially people who claim to be know-it-alls! hmmph! You must be a really patient person.

DreamCop08 said...

Hey boo, luv the babys hair. You just starting out you will only get better in time.

And I see that I am not the only with the annoying co-workers!!! And I hate the old men that be trying to flirt with everybody!!!

But I bet yall have alot of fun at work. I wanna come work over there by you!!! We would have alot of fun I'm telling you.

Take it easy hon and keeping practicing on the little sweeties hair,lol

Eb the Celeb said...

OMG... in that 2nd pic she looks exactly like you!

and you did pretty good with the ponytail...

BorednTalkative said...

That "Daddy Special" isn't too bad. You'll get better with practice.

I hate when people ask me something and don't bother paying attention to my answer, so they have to come back and ask again. The travel agents I deal with do it all the time. I'm gonna cuss them all out one day.

Ms. Behaving said...

What's the sense in asking if he has NO intention on following your instruction(s)?!?!?!

I say eff em' [LOL] --- Let em' figure it out for himself!!!

Not bad on that "daddy special"...NOT BAD @ ALL!! :-)

Your daughter is the spitting image of you by the way...

warmbrown said...

You did a great job on the hair. You get an A for effort. You gets much respect for being a great baby daddy.

www.kewanda.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

Daddy's lil ponytail might need some spritz or something to make it tighter. It's cute though. I'm with everyone it will get better. Then she will take over and start doing it herself.

Rebecca said...

That coworker sounds like a wannabe know it all.. who knows nothing lol... can't stand those ppl... Your daughters hair is cute.. reminds me of mine when i was a kid it always looked funny(not her's but mine i mean)... my grandma's and mom are white (there are white ppl who can do hair) but my granny cant and my hair was a hot mess... all the black ppl in our neighborhood...(she and grandpa were like 3 white ppl where we live lol)they would yell at her and say we can do her hair or just say whats with her hair lol... Your daughter's lovely she is ur twin....

DollFace said...

She looks like you spit her out! The ponytail isn't bad, definitely a 'daddy do' It will either get better or her mom may start sending her over in braids. :)