14 May 2008

Reason #5,678 why I hate being a Baby Daddy

I try real hard not to talk bad about my baby momma. I don't think I've said anything negative about her on here and honestly I think about her as little as possible in my daily life. That said we had this convo yesterday:

ME: Hello?
BM: I noticed a juice box in P's lunch box, the Dr said no juice
Me: It's a Mots Tots, it's half juice and half water.
BM: the dr said no juice, it's unnecessary. You know them companies lie about what's in the box. You can put water in her lunch
Me: The ingredient list is purified water, apple juice and vitamin C. And it's 54% juice so either the rest is water or a hell of alot of vitamin C
BM: Whatever and stop giving her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She needs some protien for lunch.
Me: the peanuts are protein.
BM: They have a bunch of fat in them, you know body builders eat them to bulk up.
Me: yeah body builders need the protein.
BM: And it's full of sugar did you know that?
Me: yeah it has 2grams of sugar in it.
BM: Oh... Whatever!!! let me talk to P..
P: hi
BM: you remember the dr said no juice, you can have water if your thirsty
P: ok
BM: I'ma come pick you up from daddy's later, do you want a Popsicle tonight?
P: yes


This is my life, she calls me up to complain about a damn PB&J and watered down juice but turns around and offers our daughter Popsicles. She doesn't even see how hypocritical that was either. I just ignored her and went back to cooking dinner. What did I make you ask? grilled Salmon, steamed broccoli and rice. I know, I know, I feed my daughter crap all the time.

19 comments:

Melody.Darlene said...

ummm u can cook the grilled salmon for me any day!

at least you're in ur daughters life. maybe ur babby mama is just tryna look like the "cool" parent by offering ur daughter the ice cream. she doesnt wanna lose points to u. damn shame i tell u!

DreamCop08 said...

Baby mama's can be so annoying. Lord I know that if I was somebody baby mamma's they would probably wish that they had kids with me,lol.

Is there any particular reason that she cant have all those things???

Ms. Behaving said...

Damn @ us baby mamas and all our drama!!! There [I said it for you] --- you happy now?!?!?! LOL

BorednTalkative said...

Dinner sounded delicious. She was probably mad about something and wanted to release some anger and baby daddies are always at the top of the list.

I love PB&J sandwiches. I'll never get tired of them.

Opinionated Diva said...

God you just made me hungry!

Call me a big kid if you want, but I still love PB&J!!

Grilled Salmon, Rice and Broc (my fave veggie next to spinach)...Ummm when is the next cooking with Dave coming out???

I wont bash your ex and say what I want to say, but offering a popsicle is definitely hypocritcal...That's just a bunch of frozen high fructose corn syrup.

The Jaded NYer said...

Damn- I'm sorry! Your baby momma is giving all us baby mommas a bad name!!

Everytime I hear stories of crazy, irrational and annoying exes, I get the urge to call my ex and thank him for being so sane.

I swear, he and I are like best friends compared to the tales I hear out in the "real world"

Ieisha said...

I can't stand BMs that try that good parent/bad parent stuff. I already hate the term BM or BD but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....that said, you don't strike me as a BD. You are def a father. No if, ands or buts about it.

Trying to reason with a fool is no way to use your energy. Keep doin' you...sanity and logic will outweigh stupidity any day.

Keep up the good work! I got ya back.

From a mother (not a baby mama) to a father (not a baby daddy)...do the damn thang!

RealHustla said...

OMG, I can not believe how that convo ended. And popcicles are 100% high fructose corn syrup, something not even found in nature, but created in a lab. If you want I can irritate the hell out of her with these little tidbits of knowledge, JK.

But, I totally understand, you HAVE to choose your battles.

Pretty said...

*sigh* A 50/50 juice box and PB&J sammies are bad but popcicles are good? I am so confused. Sounds like a. she wanted to talk to you and didnt have anything to say so she opted for a stupid argument. b. she had a bad day and wanted to fuss at someone and you were an easy target. *tsk* giving your daugther PB&j. and C. she just mad she's a BM.

dejanae said...

baby mama needs help
and now im hungry
thnx a lot

MzM said...

Too funny we had salmon for dinner too! I could eat it five days a week but it's a challenge getting my son to eat it.

BM just wanted to say SOMETHING. Some folk thrive on DRAMA and discontent. You seem to be a very involved, loving and caring father don't let her try and diminish your role! PB&J is the only thing that really sustains my son and his doctor says he is healthy so I don't worry about comments from folks without a M.D. behind their name.

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

I feel you peoples, shit is real.

Eb the Celeb said...

where was the video on the grilled salmon... I need a visual of that... I thought we were starting a cooking show over around these parts anyway.

Jadore.Tokeyo said...

you seem like a great father to your child. she might need to lighten up just a bit...and be glad your in their lives.

Brittany said...

I agree..baby mama needs help.

tiltedhalo said...

Seems BM was just looking for a reason to talk to you or to create some drama. How she gonna come out of her mouth trying to give you the third degree about Mott's Apple Juice and PB&J sandwiches and in the next breath ask your daughter if she wants a popsicle that night. The hypocrisy of it all.

Been checking out your spot for a minute...I like it here. I'll be back.

Linda said...

Kids lunches without peanut butter????? What has the world come to? ;)

Is she trying to make her look like a size-0 model?

Kids LIVE for peanut butter. Well at least my daughter does.. tell her she eats 2 peanut butter sandwiches a day and is the healthiest kid I know ;)

Greetings from Holland!

Veroncia said...

Hello and I love you blog. What a perspective and way with words you have. Now to BM. She is a trip and a little "off". But I guess you know that and that's why she is not you wife...LOL

I will be back. Love love and blessings.

Seven said...

"I'ma come pick you up from daddy's later, do you want a Popsicle tonight?"

LMAO! Wow