19 June 2008

Mr. Anti-Social

ok here's something you might not know about me. I'm really anti-social. I really don't like being around a bunch of people. Even if I know everyone in the room, I just kinda chill in the corner and watch. I'm a really quiet person by nature. I have no problem sitting around not saying anything. Whats wrong with silence? I worry about people who always have to be saying something. I'm reminded of this because my god-sister hit me up and asked if I wanted to go on a couples retreat over labor day weekend. First off I'm not a "couple" so there is the first problem, but second I don't want to be in a house with a bunch of other people. They are going to rent out a huge house and stay there for a couple days. I like my privacy. Ihats why I could never have a room mate, I like MY space, I only share with my daughter and the women i'm involved with. I like throwing parties but I want them people to go home too. I think I mentioned before that I turned my guest room into a closet. The only 2 beds in my house are mine and my daughters. Guests sleep on the couch lol. So needless to say a house full of people I don't know for a couple days is not my idea of fun. I'm not looking to make new friends. btw she really just wants to meet new couples to hang out with, she is trying to make that transition from single friends to married friends.

So anyway I was reminded of my anti-socialness again when one of my former co-workers hit me up to go to cirquedusoleil when it comes to town. he's trying to get the old crew together and hang out for a night. If you have never been to a cirquedusoleil you should really go. I took my mom one year and it rocked. it's kinda artsy and nobody speaks english but trust me you'll like it.

I want to go but i'm sitting her debating whether I want to go with this group or just find a date and go on my own time. I'm leaning towards finding a date, I don't want to be bothered with them. Funny thing is that when we worked together we were like a family, and even when I see them out and about I stop and chat for a minute. It's not that I don't like them I just can't see hanging out with them. I think I'd have more fun doing my own thing.

16 comments:

Opinionated Diva said...

It's funny how anti-social people seem to be the people that others are always try to hang out with. LOL!

I'm not understanding why the godsister wants you to come to a couple's retreat by yourself.

I like my privacy too...when I go on vacation with the girls...they get mad because I would rather have my own room then double up to split costs.

Go hang out with the work homies...once or twice wont kill you, especially if you like them.

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

I guess I should have mentioned that my god-sister wanted me to take the bridesmaid. So technically I wouldn't be by my self.

Opinionated Diva said...

You've been seeing the bridesmaid for a minute now...you should ask her to come with.

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

That still leaves me in a house with a bunch of people I don't know. I can go on my own without them.

durtymo said...

OMIGOD! We are kindred spirits cuz as much crap I say on my blog I AM ANTISOCIAL AS HELL!

I love sitting home by myself not bothered with folks so I can definitely understand why you are apprehensive!!!

Oh yea..Cirque is the business! Loved.It.

Ms. Behaving--> said...

::Nodding my head in FULL agreement::

I.AM.EXACTLY.THE.SAME.WAY!!!

BorednTalkative said...

I totally agree. I am very antisocial and I don't see why people always have to point it out to me.

Is your god-sister sure they're not trying to throw a swingers party?

BorednTalkative said...

I totally agree. I am very antisocial and I don't see why people always have to point it out to me.

Is your god-sister sure they're not trying to throw a swingers party?

Ieisha said...

The movie "Why Did I Get Married?" ran through my head as I was reading the description of your retreat, lol. If that is ANY indication of what you bout to encounter, I don't blame you for not going.

It's cool being anti-social. You prob get a ton of chics that way cuz they all are curious about the fine fella in the corner just people watching. Trying to figure out why he ain't even two-stepping to the latest Usher cut, lmao.

Alright, I'm done poking fun at you. Embrace your anti-social behavior. Tell them other folks to kick rocks.

Being your own best friend rocks!! I love going places by myself and not having to hold a conversation and then when it gets silent, the other person asks, "Is this a comfortable silence for you?" to which I answer, "HELL YEAH!"

No need to talk when you ain't got sh*t to say! Don't talk just to hear your own voice. So f*ckin' annoying.

All that to say, if you not diggin' their company like that to maintain your composure for a night, take the bridesmaid to Cirque. You'll enjoy it better that way. Hopefully with her, you're not looking at your watch every 15 minutes.

RealHustla said...

Find a date and take her to the circus. There's nothing wrong with liking your ME time a lot. What happened to the Bridemaid? I know I'm nosey, I just can't help myself.

I wouldn't recommend taking her to a couples retreat unless you are wanting to work towards permanence in the relationship. I know that's how I would take it. Cause later on you can't just back out and claim you was just taking her along as a friend. Uh-uh.

RealHustla said...

Ohhh, just read your previous comment. I think your God-sister is trying to help move you and the Bridesmaid's relationship along.

Can't be mad at 'em. You are a good catch!

Dreamy said...

oh i so understand how you feel. you just dont understand how hard it is for me to have a roomate. like she just doesnt understand that sometimes i just want to be left alone.

like she has to have people in her life when i am just fine being by myself.

*sigh* how i wish i could blog about this but she will not understand if she were to read it.

Dave i am just fine with a movie or my laptop, thats all i need in my world to survive, and maybe some wine,lol

anywho i understand where you are coming from

hey are you still dating the bridesmaid?

does a sista(dreamy)have a chance,lol

dejanae said...

fellow antisocial bastard here
cirque de soleil sounds fun
go do it
the retreat?
meh. not so much
do u

Homer is My Co-pilot said...

@dreamy - you do know your roommate swings past my blog every now and then right?

Me and bridesmaid still dating, but you still my southern girl. lol

Toni said...

first time posting. but I agree with realhustla. don't take bridesmaid unless you plan on something more serious.

tiltedhalo said...

I'm very anti-social, I'd rather be by myself any day.

Why was I thinking the same thing as boredntalkative bout the swingers party? LOL