29 July 2008

Back It up Tuesdays

I was talking with my lawyer the other day and I mentioned something about my old myspace blog. She went over and read it and suggested that I repost some of the stuff. So I'll repost some of my favorite posts from before I switched to blogger. I notice that I write a lil different now. On myspace I had a bunch of rants about random stuff. I think I'm more focused now. Anyway this one is from 04/02/2007:

" This blog is being brought to you by the good folks at Krispy Kreme. In particular the people at the store in Alexandria, VA off route 1. Let me set the scene, I'm out with my buddy, it's like 11pm and we really have nothing to do. She lives down the street from this Donut shack, so I stop in for a dozen. Now we had just come from eating dinner and getting some ice cream so I didn't really want donuts but I'm hardly ever by a Krispy Kreme so I could not pass up the chance. Well I get a dozen eat 1 of them and chill at the table.

So were sitting there talking about this and that when we notice a disturbing trend. Everyone that's coming in is either really skinny or like 300+ pounds. There was no middle ground. The ratio was incredible, like 5 big people to 1 skinny person. Like Its a given that if your getting donuts after 11 your overweight. Granted I'm not 300+ but my friend is on the skinny side. Plus, everyone comes in happy, as if the smell of fresh donuts is a happiness drug, but the workers look miserable, like they are sick of the donut smell. It's really like a crack house.. LOL, people coming for they fix. It's around midnight now and people are bringing they kids in for a couple dozen... I saw one family of 3 walk off with 1 dozen glazed and 1 dozen glazed. 3 people, 2 dozen... I guess the kid couldn't finish his own dozen or something. So were sitting there watching these people come in and looking at my box sitting on the table. It was really a life changing moment, I mean I AM these people. If I lived that close to a Krispy Kreme I might look like them. It was sad. The place closes at 1am so before they closed I saw a police officer come in and get 2 dozen (he fit right into the police stereotype) and then a dude comes in and says he drove from Triangle, VA just for fresh donuts. Triangle, VA is like 30 minutes away, again it's 1 in the morning. His wife was waiting in the car. People are hooked.

So needless to say my dozen is still sitting on my kitchen table, I think I'ma just throw it out, this is truly a turning point in my life. I don't think I'll be eating donuts anymore. I never should have stayed in the store, Krispy Krack is so much better if your in denial.

11 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

loves it. lmao. i can't eat too much of them anyway cause they are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too sweet. but i feel you on them being like crack. Even in london. the people may not be as stark a contrast as here, but everybody sweats those donuts. something is just not right with them.

Dreamy said...

awwwwwh, sometimes that is what it takes,lol

but I understand where you are coming from

my brother and sis are skinny as hell but my black tail got the thickalicious gene from my dad. his side of the family is huge

So i know if i dont watch it i have the potential

Ms. Behaving said...

LOL...Yep...those damn donuts'll definitely do it to ya!!

RealHustla said...

I'm so glad the Krispy Cremes in my area have closed. One less temptation that I could rarely seem to say no to.

UnKnownDiva said...

wow what an observation....i'm sorry but i haven't eaten any krispy kreme donuts fresh from the store (i dont think there's one in jersey city) cuz i'm still a dunkin donuts girl. i'll have to sniff one out though if they that good.

DiamondsR4eva said...

I noticed this too the other weekend except I was in IKEA and like the biggest 300+pound mofos were coming out of a furniture/home goods store with freaking cinnamon rolls and cookies, nothing for their house?! What kinda fuckery was that

Ieisha said...

Who's your attorney? Lol...this was a classic! Love this post.

Have you ever seen traffic when the "HOT" light comes on? Talk about bumper cars!

Rebecca said...

donuts in general are straight crack!!!!.. krispy kreams are a tool of the devil.... Me i love me some dunkin donuts... The built one right up the street from me... the gods were torturing me... I had gallstones and was waiting to get my gallbladder surgery so I was put on a diet by the surgeon... omg if there were a krispy kream I would be in my grave lol... I have given up donuts know with blog i may be officially off the wagon.. dammm u ... back to rehab lol

One Man’s Opinion said...

I think all donuts taste pretty much the same, myself. Funny thing. I didn't realize people bought donuts at night. I thought it was pretty much an early morning thing.

koolbreeze said...

first timer...
my husband is hooked. i used to fein for it when it was far from where i live now that it is 5 minutes away from the crib i don't care. been there once since i've lived here... which isn't that long like 3 months but still.

and not every woman who has 5 kids is nasty! lol

Shawn Smith said...

Tooooo funny..

I love KK.

I did notice earlier this week what one person said about being at Ikea.

I saw this 300+ lb girl with a cinnamon pretzel in her hand while her mother walked in front of her holding a lamp.

Stuff like that makes you wonder how some people can get to be that big and not wonder about how they look to others when they are eating stuff like that.