18 July 2008

Live From the Corner.... pt Tales from the Dark Side

I wanna show you a picture.



You see that? No? that's because it's dark. that was a pic from my desk the other morning. it was like 7am and all the lights in the office were out. But our PC's had power and the lil light at my desk worked so technically i could still work. Someone called building maintenance and was told that they are not at work yet. What??? don't they work 24/7? the security is here all night why not maintenance? and besides that it's 7am don't they work early? that's some BS if you as me. So we chilled in the dark for a couple hours. the lights eventually came on around 9am. I actually preferred working in the dark. It kept the office cool.

Anyway heres some campaign trail news...

I went to my homeowners association last night and found out that treasurer had his house broken into. I wasn't really shock by that but then he said that the people took some guns and cash. not just any guns but a shotgun, pistol and a AR-15 my first thought was WTF?? is that legal? turns out he bought them legally and they are registered to him. so now there is an automatic rifle on my streets. it was probably some kids who don't know shyt and are just playing with it in the mirror. This breakin was dude's fault though. he went out of town and didn't even lock his deadbolt. I'm guessing he has lived in the country his entire life and is just used to no locking shyt. I learned a valuable lesson from that meeting, You never know what your neighbors are holding. I have another neighbor who I know has hunting rifles because I've seen him in his full hunting gear. He seems nice enough so I never worried about it. But damn who knows how much ammo he has stashed in his house.

9 comments:

Opinionated Diva said...

I couldn't work like that...I mean I could...but knowing me, I would have went out to breakfast and then came back when they fixed the situation. That's not good for the eyes anyway!

At work @ 7am...not me buddy!

Your neighbor gives me the willies. What in the world does he need all of that for? Going out of town and not locking your door completely? Maybe it's the Noo Yawkuh in me...but that's just dumb. Why not just leave the door wide open and invite people to steal your shyt why don'tcha.

The Jaded NYer said...

OMG- your neighbors sound scary! And people talk about Brooklyn...

Big O said...

yeah, a buddy of mines got one of them big ass guns...how do i know....ALWAYS bragging about it lol

A Go Bytch said...

Yeah ...it's dark. Can we say sleep time? Yeah but as far as the neighbor how about you bake him some cookies and bring it over every now and then. Just to have an understanding yall are cool:)

Ms. Behaving said...

Uhhh 7 a.m.??
Looks a lot more like 9 p.m. to me!! [LOL]
[I'mma go on ahead and just assume you guys don't have ANY windows up in that piece.] LOL

While it's unfortunate that this Treasurer dude had his home broken into, HE HAS NO ONE TO THANK BUT HIMSELF.

Hell these days, even folk in the country ain't safe so I dunno why he thought he'd be an exception.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Dreamy said...

how they gonna have the pc and lights, boy they are gonna get their money worth huh,lol

and wait till you see the blog that I am about to do about Sgt. he wanted me to post some pics of his toys,lol

hope that you have a wonderful weekend *smooches*

One Man’s Opinion said...

I'm still trying to understand why you are hating on my boys in maintenance? Hater!

Ieisha said...

So...what are YOU storing in YOUR crib?? Lol

durtymo said...

LOL@ da maintenance folk on break. LOL!!

WOW @ that arsenal