28 July 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

so first off.. Ya'll will be proud of me. I went to see Dark Knight all by my lonesome. It wasn't even that bad. I don't know if I'll make a habit of it but I can do it every now and then.

Here's my official review. The first batman is one of my favorite movies ever. I mean it had Jack Nicholas in his defining role as the joker. Micheal Keaton at his best. Matter of fact besides Mr. Mom I can't think of another Micheal Keaton movie. That batman movie was the best thing in his career. On top of all that it had a Prince soundtrack. Really it doesn't get any better than that. so when I heard they were bringing the joker back I was concerned. i hate when Hollywood fucks up a classic. That said this movie rocked. I love the joker and Heath Ledger played him greatly. he was darker than the Jack version but that's a good thing. Jack's version was funnier. I liked them both. Besides that the movie was LONG!!! I saw like 3 times where it could have stopped and I would have been happy. I'm happy about the new batman series, as long as Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't show back up as Mr. freeze i think they'll be ok.

Other weekend rants:
I went to the mall to see batman and as I was walking around I saw a line of about 80 people outside the Apple store. I was like wth? the store is open why are they standing outside? then I saw a Iphone 3G flyer in someones hand. They were waiting to buy a damn phone. Let me tell all you iphone owners this. the Iphone is going to be apart of the apocolypse. Apple is goign to unite everyone under the iphone banner and flip that shyt to control everyone. Mark my words the Iphone is the beginning of the end of civilization as we know it. Why does everyone NEED the same phone? that's like people all driving the same car, it just don't make any sense. It's not even the best phone out. plenty of other phones do the same shyt. And why doesn it HAVE to be on ATT? none of that sits well with me.

I was going to rant about other things but this is getting kinda long.

14 comments:

MP said...

The iphone obsession is beyond me as well and I sure wouldn't switch to ATT for it.

BorednTalkative said...

Yeah I don't understand the obsession either. And I don't get why I have to switch networks just to have one.

Good on ya for going to see Batman by yourself. I may have to do that, seeing as the last movie I saw was I Am Legend. Pitiful.

durtymo said...

See..told you! Go to the movies by yoself and enjoy! I went to see Step Brothers yesterday..that shyt was hilarious. And yes, I was solo and loved it!

I got the Sprint version of the IPhone only because it was cheap and it had a nice rebate. *shrug* I don't get the whole "I need the iphone or i'll die" type people. I can't!

Rebecca said...

I swear it's a freaking cult lol.. say the same thing on my way somewhere and see a line a line around 9 10 in the am... by the AT&T store near where i live.. I'm like guess they want to get a jump start on paying bills lol...nope i was wrong more ppl.. than on the news they talk about the new iphone coming out blah blah... I so agree with u... I'm not drinking that koolaid...lol

mrs.tj said...

hey! i have been a lurker for a minute. LOL! LOVE YOUR BLOG. I figured I should start blogging again.

*IPhones are the devil! Holla!

UnKnownDiva said...

lol @ your public service announcement to all iphone owners.

Young woman on a journey said...

lol @ the iphone users. it is a bit EXTRA!

Liz said...

i loved loved loved the dark knight... loved it. i did think it was over like twice before it actually was also but still loved it.

lmaooooooo @ iphone signaling the end. that is funny... and could actually be true.

The Jaded NYer said...

Dave, I'm with you... when the machines take over the world, it'll be nice to know that me and my little LG Chocolate phone had NOTHING to do with it!

and good for you, seeing the movie despite not having anyone to see it with. I also LOVED it and I was all prepared to call Heath's portrayal a sham that was hyped up because he's dead now. But nope, dude WORKED IT OUT!

Now I must see Batman Begins... I hear it is good as well...

Opinionated Diva said...

You do mean Jack Nicholson right? lol

I thought Heath really channeled his inner wierdness/creepiness...and played the best Joker to date. Loved the movie, but I also thought it was too long.

lmao @ your iphone rant! *whispering*...but I want one too!

Ms. Behaving said...

LMAO @ your PSA!!
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it came to pass...

Everybody whose gone to see that movie have given it a thumbs up.

Think I might check it out this weekend!

A Go Bytch said...

....If I could sit through a movie...then I would go by myself...so what's the big deal-e-o!

Oh I wanted an IPHONE too but... I'm a faithful sprint customer so I'll go with their touch phone.

That's my peace...

Go B.

Dreamy said...

ohhhh stop hating about the iphone okay

Hater!!!!lol

and

the movie was awesome to me. I loved it

Joker was retarded, so sad that the actor died though

and i seen where it could have ended

but it was good.....

Eb the Celeb said...

Glad you made that leap... I have went to the movies by myself before too... its actually a liberating experience..

on a sidenote though... I have a funny story... I was walking past the Magic Johnson theater by my house and this crackhead looking lady was on her cell phone yelling at someone

"I came up here and they dont even have the batman movie... all they got is some mess called dark knight and Hancock and some other mess so I'm coming home"

I almost fell on the floor... I guess she thought it was called "The batman movie" and not dark knight... hilarious...