08 August 2008

Does Superman Get Stressed?

You would think with saving the world all the time every now and them Superman would say fukk it and go on vacation. I mean he has to get stressed sometime right?

Anyway I've been stressed all week. It started on Sunday when I got into with my baby momma. Whenever she gets mad at me all the sudden she wants to be Supermom and I don't get to see my daughter as much. She's the one person who can annoy the hell out of me. She's like my coolness kryptonite. I swear she is the direct cause of my gray hair. If you notice I try and not mention her on this lil blog. This is a happy place...lol

So I'm bummed at not seeing my daughter, on tuesday I worked like 3 hours because I wanted to get my hair cut. I had the idea that I would hit the barber early in the morning and then go to work. Well my barber decided not to come to work, that threw my day off. Then on wedensday I get a pain in my kidney that feels a whole like like a kidney stone (I had them in high school so I know the pain) so I was at work feeling horrible. I left to go pick up my daughter and she says she wants to stay with mommy. I give her a hug and kiss and go home. I swear I had a fever, my kidneys hurt and I was in a cold sweat. All i could do was drink water and lay down. took my temp.. it was normal. My body just jacked. That's when it hit me, this is stress. My body rebelling against me. I need a break. So I plan to go to bed early. 9:30pm my baby momma calls saying my daughter wanted to come over.... 9:30pm shouldn't she be sleep?. I say cool and she drops her off. So we hang for a while then her mom comes back to pick her up. Now it's around 11pm so I finally decided to go to sleep. I slept horrible that night, I think I need a new mattress.

I wake up on thursday and I'm like fuck this, I'm taking a mental health day. I called in sick, went to get my hair cut finally and called my "friend" to have lunch. Now if I call and ask you out to lunch I figure you say yes unless you already have plans. I mean who is turning down a free lunch? this girl is like "I'm not even hungry" ok well I have not seen you in like a month we can just hang out for a while. "ok I'ma swing past your house, what do you have to eat?" ... "nothing"..... "ok well as long as you have somethign to drink I'll be ok, let me finish this and I'll call you back" ok cool, her job is like 5 min from my house so I go home and work on some shirt designs. It's around 12:45pm. At 2:15pm I had not heard from her so I send her a text saying I'm heading out, I'll holla. She says ok. I'm like WTF? just say you don't want to hang. I'm a grown man, my feelings not getting hurt by that, I was thinking of your ass. I hate people who waste my time. Anyway I pick up my lil girl around 3pm, she is more than happy to go with me. We leave out and I go fix my Aunt's computer. Pain in my kidney is gone, my body like me again and my baby loves me again. All is back to normal.

Longer story not so short... Some days even Super Dave deals with stress.

19 comments:

RealHustla said...

I'm glad I could be the first one to feed some healing words to your soul this morning. Hell yeah Superman gets stressed. Don't you watch Smallville? I've been praying that Lana Lang would die for real just so that he can have some peace of mind. I'm not wishing death on your baby mama, I'm just saying. Would you believe me if I say it will probably get better after time? BD1 used to stress me all the time with his attempted mind manipulation. After a while I just started saying stuff like "if that's what you want to do, I can't stop you" Now this phrase is not appropriate for all situations, but my point is that I just stopped feeding into it. Sorry your lunch plans didn't work out. If they had they probably would have helped with your stress. It's a new day BD Dave, and you know your baby never stopped loving you.

RealHustla said...

Oh yeah. Haul yo ass into the doctor asap. My brother has had some serious kidney stones and the pains came and went just like yours are. Then one day he ended up with a tube stuck up the end of his wee-wee for a week. Will it hurt to just pay quick visit the doctor's office?

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Hustla - I never watched smallville but if a woman can bring down superman than there is no hope for any of us... lol Trust me I ignore her the best I can, but it still gets to me. I did have a Dr appt today but I had to come to work because everyone else is on vacay.

youknowyoudeadazzwrong said...

Seriously who the hell you got in yo top 5? Free lunch? Meet me at union station and STOP PLAYING! lol! Dayummit!

Big Brown Eyez said...

LMAO @youknowyou. I was thinking the same thing like, "free lunch AND we haven't chilled in a while...see you in 30 min?" You need to do some cutting loose brotha. In regards to your stress, *hug* whooo saaaahhhh. Take a quiet day just for you. Don't tell anyone your plans just up and call in sick, go to the park, walk around the city, sleep late, watch cartoons, whatever it is that you do to decompress you need to do it. Make a friend who can be your stess reliever, you know the kind that lets you come over and leaves you alone to yor own devices. Maybe watches tv with you and rubs your back and then keeps it movin. They are hard to find but not impossible.
regarding this pain in your kidneys...SEE THE DAMN DOCTOR.
that is all...

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Durty Mo - Wait Union Station? I work down the street we can meet for lunch for real... lol

@Brown Eyez - Damn your idea of a friend sounds so great. I have not found one like that though. if you know any in the DC area please send them my way.

unknowndiva said...

i'm glad that everything is back to normal. no words on the baby momma drama. i'm still tryna get my situation to run smoothly.

Jaded said...

Dude that sucks BAD.

Baby mama drama is horrible.

Rebecca said...

sorry about the bm drama... a friend of mine has that with both bm's + a new wife.. he's about to go to court with BM2 he just got out of court with BM1.... anyways... it will work out please go to the doc..my best friend just found kidney stones.. and my mom(granny im adopted) had a MASS!!!! of stones a few years back there no joke.... Just one of those weeks I guess... Whats with the lunch date that wasnt.. thats not cool... at all.. and rude...

nikki said...

1. go to the doctor
2. she ain't cha friend. cut her ass cuz she playing you.

DiamondsR4eva said...

If she's pissed at you then she's pissed at you, no need to bring the child into it because she's an innocent bystander to the babymama wrath lol. I'm sorry everyday can't be super for super man...we all go thru it sometimes :-)

Ms. Behaving said...

Them kidney stones ain't NO joke...
[Not that I speak from experience but my BFF had that problem and I remember her being in A LOT of pain] so of course, I'm with everybody else in trying to encourage you to go see a doctor.

It's pretty eff'd up the move ole' girl played on you...
I don't see what the big deal was in just being up front with hers [I mean...like you said, if she didn't want to hang JUST SAY SO]

Anything else takes too much energy.

Glad to read that seeing your little girl made things alll better :-)

That's the beauty of having children [well...it is BEFORE they grow up and don't wanna be bothered with you anymore] LOL

Enjoy your weekend and remember to MAKE THAT DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT!

The Dreamy One said...

hey sweets, well as far as the baby mama goes she knows the one thing that will get under your skin. dont fall victims to her tactics, cause right now she is rejoicing in your being mad and upset. show the the hieffer that it aint fazing you and she will have to find another way to get to you. dont let her win, you know she still cares and she knows that you could give a damn about her. trust that heiffer knows what she is doing.......

and why do men always wanna do stuff with these unattached women. im pretty sure there is someone who wants to spend as much time with you and you do with them!!

also you do need a vacay!! i can come see you or vice versa. This Cajun girl will show you a great time, unlike that ding dong head that you wanted to go eat lunch with!! You would have had more fun with me!!

The Jaded NYer said...

aw... you know kids are fickle like that. one day you're their best friend and the next they want to live with grandma forever and ever. she loves you and you know it.

as for the kryptonite.. yeah, you're on your own with that one LOL!!!

just try to find ways to de-stress... that's what I had to do to get rid of my stress this week.

B said...

As long as your baby matters, that's allll that matters. Have a beautiful weekend.

Ieisha said...

1. Don't let the baby mama push your buttons. If she keep getting to you, just pour water over her, feed her after midnight and put her in direct sunlight, lol. It's all good.

2. As for that shady a$$ friend of yours, tell her to kick rocks. When she does call you cuz she ready to get that meal, tell her to kiss your grits and enjoy.

3. Get that kidney situation checked out! In the meantime, drink lots of water!

Bren@Flanboyant Eats said...

i have no kids--yet.. .and thank God, otherwise I'd be loosing my mind, even if married. But I look at sorry women like my brother's children's mother and I can't help but to wonder y they're so damn mad. She's mean, rude and selfish... Only the kids suffer cuz mommmy and daddy are adults and can handle.
Super Dave, check her!

Seven said...

Awwww (((BIG HUG)))

I'm glad your number one lady made your day/week. When I get stressed out, my body seriously seems to fall apart (headaches, stomach aches, no sleep, etc.) I feel you on that one.

I guess you don't need to be told to let the shady chick to do her.

"and why do men always wanna do stuff with these unattached women. im pretty sure there is someone who wants to spend as much time with you and you do with them!!"

Same reason women do.

Opinionated Diva said...

Dave...you have the worst luck with your women dude. *hugs*

I don't even know what to say about you and the baby mom...so I wont say anything.

Maaaaaaaaaaaybe you should have given the "friend" a little notice. Spontaneity isn't necessarily a good thing to all women...even if it involves a FREE lunch. She could have just told you she wasn't interested though...so booooooooo to her!

Glad you are feeling better!