11 August 2008

Weekend Wrap-up now with Pictures!!!!

I want to say thanks to everyone who wished me well and insisted i go to the Doctor. I'ma make an appt this week i promise.

Anyway when I don't feel well I tend to do house work. i feel like if I just lay in bed I'm letting whatever is bothering me win. So i had a talk wth my kidney and let it know that it can be replaced if it didn't act right. So I'm feeling much better now. I spent saturday afternoon painting my kitchen. so it went from looking like this:








To Looking something like this:







If case your wondering I didn't paint that inside part of the kitchen because for like an hour I had the idea to paint it a different color. Plus I would have had to clean off my counters and I was in a painting mood not a cleaning one. So I'll paint it the same color next weekend.

so besides painting my I went out to dinner with one of my friends who I had not seen in 3 years even though she lives like 15min away from me. I think we already discussed the kind of friend I am. We had fun, I forgot how much we used to hang out. She knowing me as well as she does simple said I'm single because i want to be. She might have a point but that's for another blog.

On sunday Me and the baby went site seeing downtown. I like acting like a tourist, I live here but I have not seen everything there is to see in DC so every now and then I take my daughter down to the national mall and we just hang out. here's a pick from that



And Lastly RIP Issac Hayes and Bernie Mac. When I first heard about them all I could think was that not everyone gets to grow old. You gotta enjoy life while you can because your not guaranteed anything.

15 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

hey dave....what an adorable little girl! she chunky just like i was!

btw, definitely diggin tha new color. gives tha place sum character. are you going to do all your rooms different colors?

Super Dave Van Buren said...

I've already painted the other rooms. All that's left is 1 bathroom and my basement. I guess I could post pics of them.

RealHustla said...

Hmmmm, I would have never thought you to be a yellow kitchen man. Good work though. Ahhh, the lost art of sigt seeing at home. I need to try that out. Ughhhh, I was supposed to paint over the summer.

rebecca said...

the place looks great!!!!!!!!!! ur daughter is so adorable!!!!!! DC sounds great I hope to visit one day I'm a history buff.. and they have great food

Ieisha said...

The little diva is so cute! I want to pinch her cheeks!

After law school, I'm purchasing my first home (yeah, I know, late bloomer) and you can come over and we can have a paint party!

Sounds crazy, but I love painting. Gives you that sense of permanence.

And you are single cuz you wanna be. Plain and simple. Ya girl knows what she's talking about.

Amen on Bernie Mac & Mr. Hayes. A tragedy when death doesn't come from old age.

So you betta take ya tail to see a doctor. I'm being bossy, I know, lol.

Ms. Behaving said...

That paint job is a good look...
I think yellow looks great on your kitchen walls!!

Your twin [I mean your daughter] is absolutely adorable.

Gosh I miss when my girls were that age...
On second thought [maybe NOT] LOL

durtymo said...

Aww look @ the lil booga! How cute is she!

Man DON'T talk about painting. I was up to my neck in paint this weekend at my momma's crib! Ugh!

Opinionated Diva said...

Is that one of your special poney tails in her hair!? She must favor her mom...she is too cute. lol...I kid!

Yeah...you are single because you want to be. And that's cool...when you're ready to settle down...you will.

Second your comment on Bernie and Isaac. I was really shocked to hear about both.

Ms. Lovely said...

good job sir..your daughter is so cute with her puff puff

Pajnstl said...

The yellow looks good, you have a lot of natural light coming in too!

The Dreamy One said...

the color is very nice and bright just....

dont like walking into dark houses,lol

and look at the cutie just a posing all cute,lol

and no comment on why u are single (side-eying you).....

Moody Gemini said...

I like the yellow...really calming and let's light in. I noticed the TV...a true bachelor pad!

So there deaths should encourage you to make that appointment, right? Don't play with your kidneys...once you go on dialysis that's it! (not trying to scare you.)

Sha Boogie said...

UHm..lemme git this right..you paint when your sick?

WHy is it that your single again??

Designer Qui said...

thats a nice shade of yellow. i wanted to paint my room and i think you just chose the color for me.

where have i been? i didn't even know you were sick! i hope you get better soon

nikki said...

butter yellow always works in a kitchen. very warm.

your daugher looks adorable!