20 August 2008

WTF.. moment of the Day

we all get some crazy emails but when this crossed my inbox I just had to share.

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A Puerto Rican man has been granted his wish to remain standing even in death. A funeral home used a special embalming treatment to keep the corpse of 24-year-old Angel Pantoja Medina standing upright for his three-day wake. Dressed in a Yankees baseball cap and sunglasses, Pantoja was mourned by relatives while propped upright in his mother's living room. His brother Carlos told the El Nuevo Dia newspaper the victim had long said he wanted to be upright for his own wake: 'He wanted to be happy, standing.' The owner of the Marin Funeral Home, Damaris Marin, told The Associated Press the mother asked him to fulfill her dead son's last wish. Pantoja was found dead Friday underneath a bridge in San Juan and buried Monday. Police are investigating

And here are some pics of this fool chillin in the corner:






besides this whole thing being completely uncomfortable and wrong you have to wonder why you would want a dead body standing in your house for 3 DAYS!!! who has a 3 day wake? maybe that's a PR thing but that bamma was standing in his momma living room day and night for 3 days. People do some crazy shyt.

note: if you happen to know this guy and were apart of preparing this wake, I am sorry for your loss and I understand that you wanted to grant his last requests but some things are better left as ideas.

21 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

yeah. this was a bit creepy. where i'm from the wake is at the house as well. but the body is only in the house the few hours right before the funeral. 3 days is just a bit much and the standing up in the room. i don't know. but he obviously has a family that loves him.

JACK said...

I heard about this - this really is creepy as hell. Re: 3-day wakes, that's typical for us. Re: standing a corpse in the family living room for three days, not so typical. I can appreciate wanting to grant your son his dying wish, but he was gon' have to go back in the box at night.

RealHustla said...

What I wanna know is whose idea it was to put that look on his face. Normally when they're in the casket they have a slight smile, cause they're happy to be going to heaven. Is this fool mean muggin cause he trying to be hard core for whatever is facing him?

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...

i'm sorry but i have been to alot of funerals and the deceased have never looked like wax figures. i hope this is not a hoax

sweet keikei said...

this has left my big mouth totally speechless!

Ms. Behaving said...

U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!!!

Opinionated Diva said...

CREEEEEEEEEPY!!!

My sis sent me a copy of the article earlier today...I just might post our string of comments - PURE comedy!

The Dreamy One said...

ohhh my is all i can say....

that looks crazy, i am not gonn lie,lol

i told my moms to just cremant me if anything ever happens to me!!

One Man’s Opinion said...

This is such an offensive post. I don't know why i'm laughing. I can believe you called homeboy a "fool". That's just wrong. He looks chill to me. Right down to him grabbing his own junk.

I will not pass judgment, because I want to be stuffed and used as a coat rack when I die. And if my last wish is not seen to I am coming back and haunting all you bastards....and yes, that does include all you in blog world. Boo, damn it!

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@young woman - His family does love him because I would you would not o that to someone you just like.

lol@JACK takin him in and out of the box is just as crazy

@Real Hustla - Even in death he gangsta

@Shauna - I hope so too but it looks really real, They might prepare people different in PR

@Kei Kei - FINALLY!!! lol... I kid I kid

@OD - We cracked jokes for about 10 minutes at work about this. We all going to hell.

@Dreamy - My mom told me she wanted to be cremated, I don't have a problem with that request.

@One Man - don't feel bad for laughing. I laughed too, I wasn't going to mention his grabbing his stuff because that takes it all to another level. And I'm rather you haunt me then see you sitting in my living room holding my coat... lol

MP said...

I HATE IT!

Ms. Lovely said...

I saw it yesterday..creepy. Even more creepy are the pics and the fact that it has garnered so much attention. I just would like to know what happened to him...

The F$%K it List said...

Oooh I am so glad you posted this. I was VERY weirded out when I received this as an email at work.
What kind of last wish is that anyway?

And what happen to a nice suit, what is with the sunglasses, and yankee fitted.....

Ieisha said...

Love the addt'l note you left. I think I laughed more at the comments here than anything.

So disturbing. Tsk-tsk.

P.S. What's with the bamma reference? General name for folks?

The Jaded NYer said...

no no no no no no NO!!!!!

I'm to thru with this story...

B said...

WTF!!
THis is the worst thing I have eveeeer seen. Ewww!

People need to stop.

iCandy21 said...

what in the fuck...that's all i can say

iCandy21 said...

go back to my todays blog and look at the bag lol...its linked...i should whoop his ass when i get home, and yes...u can find plenty lesbo sex in my blogs lol

Jaded said...

My fat black ass is happiest when I sit.

Some ideas should STAY ideas.

ShAĆ© - ShAĆ© said...

I would have walked in passed out and probably have been propped up next to his ass.