09 September 2008

Bring it Back Tuesdays.. Gotta Story to tell

I wrote this blog back on Dec 7, 2007, I still have never gone to this place.

This blog is being brought to you by one of my buddies. lets call her Ms. Sunshine. She told me this story last week and I'm still laughing about it.

Ok so Ms. Sunshine walks into the Golden Corral over in Largo with her daughter and baby father. Her first reaction was "this place always smells like piss and mop water!". She thinks about leaving but is talked out of it by her companions. As they are seated they notice a guy next to them taking pictures. Not "this is a special day lets break out the digicam" pictures but "It's friday at the club break out the Moet background" pictures only a background of BeBe's kids. I need you to understand this, Golden Corral is a buffet restaurant. A DAMN restaurant!!! this bamma is in the corner with his photo set up like it's a damn club or a party. He even had a DJ booth. So this is far from Ms. Sunshine's comfort zone so she is embarrassed to even be near the dude. Did I mention that there is a line for the pictures? people in line with plates of food from the buffet... No? well there was. Now as the cameraman was taking pics Ms. Sunshine realized that he had multiple backdrops and he had the house mic connected to his dj booth. So he was a DJ/cameraman. Why isn't this stuff on BET? This is where we need to do better... lol Oh and he has a 5 year old kid as his assistant. The kid was rolling up the backdrops as they were being switched. So in between taking pics and playing records he is interacting with the crowd on the house speakers. This includes clowning some lady who asked how many people could get in a pic and playing the voice of a lil boy's conscience as he went for a bowl of ice cream.

Needless to say I have to go to Golden Corral to see this in person. This is the stiff legends are made of. When I do go best believe I'll be posting my pic holding some ribs and coke with a gold caddy in the background... OG style ya feel me... lol

19 comments:

Kayos said...

Hot damn not the Golden Corral?!? Hahahahahahaha!!!!! I'm ROFL over here!

What pose are you gonna display when you go?

Big O said...

ummm.....i dont wanna go now....

Opinionated Diva said...

wow...lmao...but wow!

this is when you have to leave you friends!

Ieisha said...

Ya'll doing it like that? The Golden Corral in West MI ain't nothin like that.

You really need to go and get some pics of that.

When you take your pic, don't forget the watermelon.

JACK said...

At our local golden corral, each Wednesday someone shows up for the kids - like Dora, or Deigo, or a clown or some shit. interestingly enough, Wednesday is the typical midweek visitation day for non-custodial parents in the state of Indiana. Coincidence? I don't think so.

But I'm through with my local Golden Corral when I was there last I saw a roach on the salad bar. I will NEVER go in there again.

The Black Russian said...

this sounds trey ghetto lol... 5 yr old assistant lol....this is to funny... if u go hide ur daughter that assistant may wanna take pics with her lol.. why do little boys with boogers think there macks??? okay im being random lol... great story

The Dreamy One said...

i hate that damn place with a passion!!

they never have any good food and you see some of the most ignorant looking people at that place!!

jeezzz,lol

RealHustla said...

Hey, I'm pretty sure you brought this story back about 1 to 3 Tuesdays ago.

Ms. Behaving said...

LMAO!! That's some real ghettofabulousness right there!!

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

UMMM yea...... I just have to shake my head...raise my hand and say " I to am embarassed"

MarriedToIt said...

I am not even going to knock a brothers hustle. He could be on the verge of losing his house or just trying to keep the lights on Little man and his daddy making it work. Hustle Man lives...

Concrete said...

Stuff like this makes you mad your black!

Sha Boogie said...

Man, she hit it right on the head with the 'piss and mop water' smell! I only been in a G.Corral bout'one time -- and that was forever ago! And dammit if I don't remember that friggin smell, LOL!!

mrs-tj said...

"Good Things Happen to Those Who HUSTLE" anais nin.

LOL! Shoot! Can't knock his hustle..but I would LOVE to see pics. HA!

Exhale_Whew said...

I'm dying....ROTFLOL. I want to see the pics.

Sexxy Luv said...

I couldn't see no f*ckery like this, I would have been pissed too! lol

you have to go i wanna see those pictures...i bet he has new background drops too! lol

Liz said...

yo why did i picture this in my head like a dave chapelle skit... like when keepin it real goes wrong style... that is ridiculous... i mean i ain't mad at dudes hustle but that is some ghetto mess... whyyyyyyy were people in line with plates?? HA HAAA. i'm sorry i have got to have my friends read this post

B-More BAP said...

...This is a real mess. LOL

sweet keikei said...

yeah i don't know but i just refuse to believe that MY people would do some nonsense like this....well i hope not anyway