26 September 2008

Random Thoughts Friday

1. I have an extra faded black shirt on today and it's dirty, I must have been tired this morning. Good news is I dressed up for work the last 2 days. Even left the fitted at home yesterday.

2. My boss saw me dressed up and asked if BDC had started making dress clothes... lol

3. I was planning on taking the baby to a corn maze this weekend put it's supposed to rain. I guess we will have to clean the house... BOOO

4. I'm tossing the BBQ sauce recipe. Starting from scratch, I think it's kinda plain. Ieisha liked it but I talked it over with my buddy (he's a BBQ sauce connoisseur) and he agrees that it's pretty average. So back to the drawing board. I have 2 bottles left so if you want some email me your address and I'll ship it out. First 2 people who send the info will get it.

5. Cowgirls vs. Redskins this weekend. Everyone is excited even though I'm pretty sure the cowgirls are going to win. Cowgirls are great in the regular season, it's the playoffs they have problems with.

6. Personally I'm happy that China owns all of Americas home loans. it will make that whole 1 world govt thing easier... lol I hate to think that crazy new world order beleivers have a point but damn if it's not amazing that the govt owns all the finacial stuff that was supposed to be private.

7. In other political news this funny:



I'm so mad I cut off HBO and I'ma miss his special saturday night.

8. My boy left me with this quote "It's true that good things come to those who wait, but only whats left by those who hustle" yeah, I love it.

14 comments:

Opinionated Diva said...

#8...LUV IT...me and patience broke up a long time ago. I'd rather hustle and harass for the things I want lol!

#1...SHAME ON YOU!!!! See this is exactly why you need a woman! She never would have let you out the house like that...and you have the nerve to be out at work like that. smh

Young woman on a journey said...

i love the quote too! lol. yeah, its crazy that all that stuff became private because the private was "supposed" to be able to do it better anyway. hmm...lets hear their argument about health care again? speaking of which...why won't niggas bail me out...i got some ish that needs to be paid off too. The chris rock thing is hilarious! I'm picking up my bbq sauce so it better be awesome!

The Jaded NYer said...

the sauce is plain? hmmm... I'll wait for the remix then... lol

NEW CHRIS ROCK SPECIAL?? *must find friend with HBO* That Letterman video was hysterical!

and your boy's quote... I'm loving it; tell 'em I said thanks!

One Man’s Opinion said...

Okay, I am not a Chris Rock fan, but that was hella funny. I want one of the bottle of BBQ sauce. I done told you that already. Am I playing? Do I look like a have a since of humor. Come on Homer...LOL, just send me the damn sauce.

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Diva - I wouldn't go for my woman trying to dress me... lol

@Young woman - Health Care? you can't mention health care!!

@Jaded - lol@the remix. I'll let you know how it turns out.

@One man - lol... Send me your address and I'll mail it out dave@bdc1950.com

Big O said...

bbq sauce??...did anyone say bbq sauce??? lol

QB said...

1. i get the same way sometimes... dress up real nice for work for a few days then just really feel the need to be comfy and leave the house lookin like more of a mess than i would have liked

3. keep your options open. You could be surprised by beautiful weather. :o)

4. i hope you have fun with the new BBQ sauce making. :o)

5. Cowgirls? please come on have some respect and call them the cowboys... even though I am a bears fan they are my #2 team

7. If you act fast you could call your cable company back and get HBO cut on real quick and cancel it again after you watch the special

8. love the quote. oh so true.

Hope you have a great weekend!

RealHustla said...

Glad your testing the sauce. I like it, but sometimes it can take away from the food.

When you dress up for work the bosses get nervous cause they think you're interviewing. Keeps 'em on their toes.

I thought you cleaned your house to show room quality recently. Shouldn't the clean clothes be separated from the dirty ones. Come on sweetie, I'mma need you to do better.

Left over's anyone, LOL?

Ms. Behaving said...

LOL @ you making it all the way to work before realizing all that is wrong with your shirt...

[Hey...At least it happened on a Friday!]

Let me know when you want some takers on the new/improved BBQ sauce.

That's a great quote...it's so SO true!

Hope you enjoy the weekend cleaning up house. :-)

The Dreamy One said...

hey sweets!

See I took a mini and come back to find out u then sent out bbq sauce!

Dave please don't make me get ghettofied up in here!!!

Anywho sweets love the quote!! Hey and umhh email me a pic of u dressed up and I'll email u a pic of me all dolled up ;)

Eb the Celeb said...

you dead wrong for that dirty ashy shirt... you know that too

and I dont think Chris Rock is that funny... I really dont like delivery and how he holds his mouth when he talks really irks me

but that clip was funny as hell

Girlfriend said...

I'm mad I cut off my HBO also.
More upset they chose to show this special of Chris's AFTER I decided to cut down on most of my cable.

You and the baby have a nice weekend!

FREEDOM said...

That's a good quote by your boy. HOWEVER, I think some people don't know what to hustle for. Lack of purpose will KILL HUSTLE & PATIENCE on any give day! Being driven by purpose is the FLOW that unlocks Hustle with the right amount of Patience!

DiamondsR4eva said...

I heart Chris Rock, even though his movies kind of suck now.

I saw the preview for his show, maybe you can catch it at a friend's house or She Who You Did Not Have Permission to Post Her Pic