08 October 2008

Live From the Corner.... pt Don't eat there

I just realized that my 1 year blogging anniversary was Oct 2. Like a typical man I forgot. Oh well it's not like blogger got me anything anyway.

This morning I was down at the snack bar getting a donut and some milk. I grabbed a nice looking coconut donut wrapped in plastic wrap and while looking at the other donuts I notice something moving. Upon further inspection I notice it's a baby roach. upon even further inspection I notice that it's wrapped in the plastic wrap with the donut!!! That means someone wrapped up a donut and didn't notice the damn roach attached to it.

I should explain that my building is full of roaches and other bugs, I see them in the halls and the bathroom not to mention every now and then at my desk. We have to places that serve food here and neither one seems like the cleanest place. I don't really trust anything I get from them but after seeing that mess I'm not eating anything that's not packaged outside the building.

15 comments:

kei kei said...

dang....roaches in the workplace? i mean every once in a blue isn't that bad but all the time??? dang, where u work???

Big O said...

Hell you work at?? lol

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

This one deserves a double HELL no!!! Yea Im gonna need the building to hit up the exterminator quick fast and in a hurry... Roach wrapped in the plastic?? No words smh..

Ms. Behaving said...

Lemme find out you working @ "Joe's Apartment"!! LOL
[You ever see that movie???

Opinionated Diva said...

Well Happy Belated Blogaversary you typical man you!

memo to Dave...bring your breakfast, lunch, etc.!

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@kei -Kei and Big O - I work on the corner... lol

@Cranky - The roaches are apart of the building, you kill them and this joint might fall apart.

@ms Behaving - lol.. at least them roaches were friendly

@Diva - Thank you, I had brought my cereal for breakfast (hence the milk) i just have a soft spot for donuts.

Designer Qui said...

that is so gross! you should make your own donuts. that should make an interesting "cooking with dave" video.

Sha Boogie said...

Eww and most definitely GROSS!A baby roach. Ugh..i think i just threw up in my mouth a little bit,lol

RealHustla said...

No, that is unacceptable! Roaches travel with people. I'm surprised a pregnant one hasn't stowed away with you yet.

dejanae said...

lol
happy blogiversary

Ieisha said...

I'd have to find a new job. I cannot deal with the bruthas. (read: roaches) If you ain't contributing to the rent, mortgage, light bill, cable, etc., You can't stay here!

Ooh...that's so damn nasty!

Ya'll ain't got Orkin in D.C.?

Kayos said...

Terminex..Raid...Black Flag...sumthin!

Well, the only thing I can say is I'm glad you're observant.

CocaColaCutie said...

ewww. that's gross. but there's a bunch of construction going on a couple doors down from my building and i can just imagine the mice that are being displaced and all up in the lil food place next door ewwww

lyre said...

I had roaches in my car. eeyeew! I bought 3 roach bombs to set off. Guess what? I saw one today! dont tell anyone...

pink said...

ugh...this just gave me the heebie jeebies!!