20 October 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

My weekend was hella boring. The baby was with her mom and It was howard's homecoming but I didn't go to any of the activities, instead I decided to get some long overdue cleaning/work done. So I spent much of the weekend on my computer. I did head out for food though, that's where this story comes from:

So I was leaving my neighborhood subway with $5 sub in hand and decided to hit my neighborhood liquor store for some "ice". First thing I notice when getting out my car is a blue chevy avalanche parked next to me. Windows were tinted but I could still see the Police badge on the passengers shoulder. Driver was in uniform too, must be off duty cops getting they liquor fix. As I'm walking into the store a young dude passes me on his cell phone, skinny jeans and small ass hoodie on. My first though was "he gay", I get my "ice" and notice there are cups of ice in the freezer. When did liquor stores start selling ice by the cup? who was the first person that came in and asked for a cup of ice? Anyway dude in front of me buys 1 blunt, we all know what for. I get to the counter and buy my "ice", the guy next to me says "Let me get some of that goose.." All I could think was how these Indian dudes have to learn liquor slang.

I'm walking out glance to my left and see the young dude who passed me earlier leaning into a car window. White dude sitting in the passenger seat and appear to do a hand off. Now not saying I've seen or been around hand to hand drug sale BUT this looked just like I've seen in the movies... lol So they make the hand off and as I'm looking at them and all I could think about was the 2 police officers in the car 20 feet away. Then I remembered these are officers in full uniform buying liquor at 10pm. Odds are they don't care.

I go to my car and wonder what exactly is so different about the burbs...

13 comments:

Opinionated Diva said...

lolololololol @ "ice"

I like how you said you planned to spend the weekend doing "long overdue cleaning/work done", yet you spent most of the weekend on your computer.

Odds are those "officers" were going off duty...they're not about to go through the hassle of arresting a petty dealer.

Next time...act like you know...and try not to stare at those kinds of transactions.

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

I have never been in a liquor store. No lie. I don't drink so what would be the point.

I wasted a few hours on the internet. I swear the internet is a blessing and curse in one.

Seriously, mind your business. I pay attention to who is around me but, I don't watch the hand offs.

CocaColaCutie said...

i've never seen a drug deal go down. I probably would have watched in amazement.

kei kei said...

lol there is nothing different about the suburbs. people in houses like to get high just like people in the projects. i just hate when they make it soooo obvious about what they are doing. i mean dang, it IS illegal. lol

Ms. Behaving said...

More and more these days I am seeing young men in skinny jeans and smedium hoodies.

I HATE THAT LOOK [ON A MAN] WITH A PASSION!!!!

LOL @ you being caught up in watching a "hand off"

Don't you know the routine: Keep it movin' bruh...Ain't nothing to see there. :-)

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Diva - I was working. I work on my computer. I am a computer geek remember

@Sharon - never? your not missing anything except drug deals.. lol

@ColaCutie - It wasn't that interesting I was just amazed

@Kei Kei - My neighborhood wasn't like that till all the black people moved in.. lol

@ms. Behaving - Dude was like 16 I'll stare if I want, he cant fight me in them tight ass jeans.

Ieisha said...

Call me crazy but who's to say the officers weren't working in a non-police vehicle? Yeah, that could be a stretch but it's possible. And you how folks in the law get down on "possibilities"

Anywho, I can't get over the fact that your suburban liquor store sells ice by the cup. After seeing that, I'd expect to see a hand-off in the parking lot.

I don't frequent liquor stores that often but I may peep in one around here just to see. Hell, I live in the black neighborhood. I'd expect to find it here, lol.

RealHustla said...

Hmmmm, that's a confusing story. Maybe the officers just saw something go down that needed to be remedied with a drank.

The Black Russian said...

nothing is different about the 'burbs lol...my local bodegas sell ice by the cup not strange to me at all... oh lord lol...the Chinese food restaurant by my house sells hot in in a container that's how they word it on there in store flyer lol... I know been mia check out my new blog

The Black Russian said...

ps- i have seen drug deals before dealers arrested shit the "crack" house has been raided so many times when i was a kid its across the street from me oh and it was bombed as well yes oh yes...

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

ICE BY THE CUP?? dAMN THATS IS SO SUSPECT..ewww

Sha Boogie said...

Ice by the cup? I am lost... huh? Should I compare that to a 'loosie'? lol

One Man’s Opinion said...

Okay, so you are telling me that officers can go into a store and buy alcohol in uniform, because that is not allowed here. It is a strict violation.



But, I guess if you can by it by the cup I should not be surprised.