14 November 2008

Random Thoughts Friday

I can't think of a real post so we'll just go with some random stuff...

1. Did I say there would be a new Cookin with Dave Episode today? yes? Well forget I said that. Maybe next week... lol

2. I love my lurkers... they send me emails, try and hook me up with random relatives, ask for directions around the city, Even "Follow" me... their the best. Wait if they have contacted me do they count as lurkers? hhhmmm. Last I check like 78 people subscribed to this lil blog. 78!!! Hi lurkers *waves* feel free to email me, I really do respond.. lol

3. Whats that whole "Follow" this blog thing anyway? Where does my blog go? and why am I not aware that it's moving? maybe I should "Follow" myself. Is that possible?

4. I saw on the news that comcast responds to complaints left on message boards. They have a group of like 5 people that surf the net looking for people who complained about them. You know your customer service is crap when you have to hire a team of people just to apologize for them.. lol

5. I am quickly becoming my only single friend again. This damn "winter bunning" as CeCe puts it is some BS. Yes I'm kinda hating.. lol

6. One Man asked me for a recipe to feed his family. He said he needed it by Wednesday. Dude I tried.. I really did. I can't think of anything. You see I'm already doing reader submissions on the cooking show. I'm quickly running out of things to cook myself.. lol I'm assuming you will have to feed them again so if I think of something I'll let you know.

7. I wanna put out a public service announcement to all you bamma's coming to DC for the inauguration. Please don't litter!!! the city gets dirty enough as it is. No turkey leg bones on the white house lawn and please don't let me see you grilling by the Washington Monument. That weekend is going to be crazy. I already see the club promoters making up crazy flyers about the Inauguration "After Party". Rest assured me and Joe the Producer will be on scene to cover it... lol

8. Did you know people are renting out their apts for that week? not even cheap, for like 8g's!!! I might be living with my mom that week if I can bank 8 grand.

9. I've been listening to this song non-stop all week. I love it on so many levels.

Jay-Z History:

15 comments:

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

2. I don't have any luckers :(
And no one is trying to hook me up with their family members :(
I feel so unloved.

#3 = corny. Sorry Dave.

4. And Comcast is raising their prices. .again. I can't wait for Verizon Fios for the tv to get to my part. I already got phone and internet.

5. I am my only friend it really is depressing.

8. I read people were renting their places. I told a co-worker I wish that was here I'd rent my house for 10g's. And take a vacation that weekend.

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

2. I don't have any luckers :(
And no one is trying to hook me up with their family members :(
I feel so unloved.

#3 = corny. Sorry Dave.

4. And Comcast is raising their prices. .again. I can't wait for Verizon Fios for the tv to get to my part. I already got phone and internet.

5. I am my only friend it really is depressing.

8. I read people were renting their places. I told a co-worker I wish that was here I'd rent my house for 10g's. And take a vacation that weekend.

Ms. Modisto said...

at least your lurkers speak! mine used to stay for 30 + mins, download my pictures, and call it a day!

the inauguration prices are not cheap period!! if only i lived in DC!! i'd rent out my place for it too!

KGB said...

You know that's my b-day wknd. It's gonna be crazy and filthy in DC!

I just might rent out my futon if the price is right. I got bills to pay!

Sha Boogie said...

I have lurkers that pop out randomly when I write something they like, LOL! I have no idea how to track that ish..oh well.

Daaaang! 8g's? Mo money!

Opinionated Diva said...

lmao @ renting out a futon!!!!

1 - Slacker!!!
2 - I don't respond unsolicited email...it's all SPAM to me unless I've seentcha around the blogway.
4 - the only thing I like about comcast is the commercials with the Slowskys. They crack me up!
5 - must look up this "winter bunning" thing.
7 - as much money as your city is charging for folks...they can kick a few bucks to the sanitation department, just like we do for the New Year's Eve Gala @ Times Square.

The Dreamy One said...

lmao at people leaking neck bones on the white house. come on Dave you know that is not gonna happen,lol

i like those cooking with Dave shows. I dont even need to say why!!!

i dont know what winter bunning is either so.......

enjoy your Friday sweets!!!

The Jaded NYer said...

I promise not to litter that weekend... I hate when tourists litter in NYC, too, so I feel you.

Maybe I'll run into you and Joe on the street- wouldn't that be a hoot?!?!

Cuzzo said...

do you have an all female reader base?

yes, you do respond to emails! thanks for your comment on Single Sisters Speak.

1/3 said...

lol I have lurkers too! Why are people scared to comment? Ill never get it lol

lol i think its cool..the follower thing. Its kind of redundant tho if ur followers are on ur blog roll tho lol

I'll take ur suggestions into consideration when I witness history on jan 20th lol.

smh @ staying some place for 8Gs. I'm driving down from bmore not that far lol

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

YAY im coming to DC YAY YAY... i swear on a stack of post its that I wont be a litter bug!!

Ieisha said...

I don't litter. I will make sure those that come with me respect your wishes as well.

$8K per week? Reasons why I am not staying. We gonna have a short trip. Can't swing all that. Look into renting your spot out though. Knock the price down to about $5K or $6K and you'll get some takers. Make sure that you accept a wire transfer, cash or money order. Folks are gonna be trying to get over.

I referred OneMan to DTW's blog for a recipe. Don't be mad. I'm a fixer. I still luv you!!!!

I don't want to experience the lurker situation EVER again. I'm cool with what I do.

Ms. Behaving said...

You're the first person whose blog post I've read that actually sounded enthusiastic about having lurkers...[INTERESTING] LOL

Looking forward to your hitting the streets of DC during Obama's inauguration...[I'm sure it's gonna be pure comedy].

LOL @ your considering staying with moms the week of if it'll net you a few grand. [That's not such a bad idea....NOPE...NOT BAD @ ALL!!!]

Since we're on the topic of thinking ahead...You think you might be able to lemme hold I mean errr loan me a couple'a hunned?? :-)

dejanae said...

8g's?
thas some bullshit

hookin u up with family members?
uh ok

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL @ Iesha - we love her, right?

8 g's?!?! Damn. I need an apartment so I can rent it out.

Anyway - um...what's up w/these lurkers man - we gotta find a way to get rid of them or make them comment...comment or die!