04 November 2008

Sometimes....

Sometimes... I just want to sell everything and start over

Sometimes... Every phone call is someone asking for a favor

Sometimes... I wonder what life would be like if I never had my daughter

Sometimes... I think it would be easier to just quit

Sometimes... I forget that it's the strong who get up when they want to lay down

Sometimes... I wonder if I should have put 100% into being with her

Sometimes... I wish I did more with my 20's

Sometimes... I wonder if I deserve all the blessings I've received

Sometimes... I don't feel like talking

Sometimes... I think I wasted too much money on shoes and clothes

Sometimes... I wonder where would I be without my role models

Sometimes... I wonder if I'm being a good role model

Sometimes... Seeing people happy is all the payment you need

Sometimes... you just gotta do what you think is right, even when it's not popular

Sometimes... People will call you names

Sometimes... You have to be your own best friend

Sometimes... You talk and no one listens

Sometimes... You gotta know when to fold

Sometimes... Knowing is half the battle lol

Sometimes... Playing with kids puts life in perspective

Sometimes... You gotta just smile and wave, keeping your opinion to yourself

Sometimes... You gotta stand by your failures to recognize your success

Sometimes... You have to accept the things you can't change

Sometimes... I miss my Cali days

Sometimes... You have to realize nobody will full understand

Sometimes... I remember that even an island is a mountain

Sometimes... I watch the discovery channel all day

Sometimes... The dumbest jokes are the best ones

Sometimes... Laughing is the best medicine

Sometimes... You stand out because your supposed to

Sometimes... Blogs can be too long lol

19 comments:

pink said...

i think that everyone feels some of these feelings.

sometimes... i get really hungry outta no where....like now lol

i was serious bout that...im bout to go get breakfast.

FIRST!!!!

Opinionated Diva said...

Lately, you've been so...what's the word...introspective? Yeah...I think that's it.

I like this though and definitely agree with Pink...we all have these thoughts.

I think, I think about the shoulda coulda woulda's more than the average person, but at the end of the day, I'm happy with me. I think you could/would probably say the same...you're happy with you.

When was the last time you've been to Cali? You know they have these things that go up up up in the sky...they go really fast and really far...even all the way to Cali!

QB said...

we for sure all go through these things. we all doubt choices we have made and wonder what it would be like if we went back...

but we all know we cant go back so we have to live with it and do the best we can.

And if you hd never had your daughter you wouldnt be a hot dad ;o)

Sha Boogie said...

I feel you on the sometimes, brotha..

Ms. Behaving said...

Yea...it be's like that...SOMETIME. ;-)

Eb the Celeb said...

every year when the seasons change and I clean out my closet... that's when I really know I spend too much money on clothes... I end up giving more than half my wardrobe a year to shelters

ad yeah... very rarely do I read blogs that are too long

The Dreamy One said...

real talk.

this is the realest that you have ever gotten on this blog and i so appreciate you for that.

its great to know your feelings on an emotional level.

like you I feel the same way, but then again I am too sensitive!!!

RealHustla said...

Bobbing my head and waving one hand in the air.

kayellejaye said...

G.I. JOE!!

I'm prolly the only one old enough to remember that one.

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

hey sometimes the dumbest jokes ARE the best..lol

RunningMom said...

yep - to all that you wrote. Me too.

FREEDOM said...

@Davey...Sometimes you are RIGHT ON THE MONEY HONEY LOL!!!!

SacredAngel said...

Sometimes...life just sucks. It is what it is though. Gotta make it till you fake it.

One Man’s Opinion said...

Do you realize that I never had role models growing up. Never found anyone who could forfill my needs.......

By the way, how old is your little girl? Do you think she made you more grounded?

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Pink - lol.. you silly

@Diva - I went last year. It was cool but nothing like my childhood

@QA - I'd still be hot though right?

@Sha Boogie - thanks

@Ms Behaving - indeed

@Eb - that reminds me I need to donate

@Dreamy - lol.. I didn't think it was that deep but I'm glad you enjoyed it

@Hustla - lol

@KGB - Everyone remembers GI Joe

@Cranky - I love dumb jokes

@Running Mom - Thanks

@Freedom - Thanks to you too

@Sacredangel - Keep Moving Forward is how I put it

@One Man - She is 4 and she definitely made me grounded but I wonder how I would be without her.

QB said...

yes you would still be hot. lol. but a man that has a child and is as active as you are and takes care of their baby gets their hotness multipied by at least 10x's

Ieisha said...

Sometimes....SDVB is deep and thoughtful.

I like.

Switch it up sometimes.

Keeps 'em guessing.

Kelly said...

"Sometimes... I wonder if I should have put 100% into being with her"

I feel you....

Sometimes... I wonder if it is too late to give 100% after i have been wasting their time and mine with 50.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.