10 November 2008

Weekend Wrap-up... Why?

My weekend was full of the question "why?" My daughter asked me why like 8 billion times. Sure they started out easy enough...

Daddy, why do we have a tounge?
Daddy, why do we have hands?
Daddy, Why do we have ears?

Then they started to get a lil harder...

Daddy, why are there trees?
Daddy, why do we have streets?
Daddy, why do we have cars?

Then they got damn near impossible to answer

Daddy, Why do we need worms?
Daddy, Why do we need crickets?

I mean can you really give someone answer as to why we NEED worms? I don't need worms do I? I had to really think about it. I don't like thinking on the weekend. Especially since I know any answer I give will be stored as a scientific fact in her little mind. I can't give some crazy off the wall answer because I know she will remember it forever. Like when she asked if crickets lived in the grass and I said "yes". Now I can't walk in the grass because the crickets live there and I'm ruining their home.

So besides the never ending Why questions we chilled out most the weekend. I tried to make some buttermilk mashed potatoes that came out horrible. I but too much buttermilk in them, i was rushing and trying to do too much at once. I'll try again tonight maybe. I never realized how quickly buttermilk expires. I bought some on Sunday (nov 8th) and it's set to expire Nov 11th, what kind of shyt is that? All the bottles were like that too, maybe that's why I don't use it much. I need food that has a shelf life. I also did a version of DTW's pecan crusted porkchops. Only I used Talipia, it came out good, I might have to add it to my recipe book.

19 comments:

RunningMom said...

OMG little kids are the best. I can't wait to have a little one around again.

Worms make holes in the dirt so the grass can grow green and worms and crickets are also food for birds. If that grosses her out maybe you can put up a bird feeder to spare the worms and crickets.

dejanae said...

inquisitive kids are entertaining

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL @ your weekend...see, that's why kids aren't for me...not yet at least.

Yup - so the grocery store saw you coming. Buttermilk usually lasts for about two weeks. But they must've not been selling a lot of it so they put majority of the ones that were going to expire the soonest at the front of the case.

If that were me, I woudl have been calling the manager to let me in the back to find some buttermilk that wasn't going to expire so soon. But that's me - I acts up like that.

Um, about those mashed potatoes - be sure to drain your potatoes good. Even return them back to the hot pot after you strain them only because that helps get rid of the water. Then be sure to add the buttermilk a little at a time. Remember - a little goes a long way - you can always add more, but you can't take more away...LOL.

It's cool though - you'll master this again next time!

BorednTalkative said...

The "why" questions. I have that to look forward to. Right now I just get the "what's that/what's this" questions.

Ms. Behaving said...

I'm sooooooo glad my children are past that "why phase"...

If you think it's a lot coming from ONE child, Imagine how I felt having daughters that were 14 months apart.

Opinionated Diva said...

Yeah...I agree with Darius...the grocery store saw you coming. Buttermilk usually lasts longer than whole milk, so that two day expiration date is bogus.

Making you think??? On a weekend???? lol - Awww...the baby is definitely keeping you on your toes.

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

Just say because.
Why is. . .
because.

I am glad mine are now 13 and 8 so when they say why is. . .

I say that's why we got internet look it up.

Except for questions on sex, drugs. . .
Okay maybe I'll tell them to aak me first and then if it is an internet question I'll say look it up.

MP said...

LOL the "Why" questions!

I love Talapia!

Sha Boogie said...

Mmmm...buttermilk tatters!

kei kei said...

gotta luv the four year olds. my baby doesn't really ask alot of questions cuz she thinks she knows everything already but she TALKS TOO DAMN MUCH. lol this weekend i thought i was going to be talked to death literally. i was so happy when she finally laid down for a nap yesterday. lol

Eb the Celeb said...

Ok-K-K

off topic I know but I am loving the new look over round these parts...

cherry's kid said...

hahaha...sorry you got the why answer...but don't answer because...really give a good reason...I hated because as a kid...It's ok the grass is for decoration really not to step in so the grasshoppers will be fine if you continue not to walk in their homes!!!!

nikki said...

and THAT is why i'm afraid of having my own kids. if i was asked questions like that, i'd be like "um, go ask ya daddy..."

Sexxy Luv said...

this post had me crackin' up! you have to be a parent to understand how hard it is when being asked all of these "why" questions! lol

i would love to hear your answers.

when you make his famous fish tacos invite me over....k

Ebony said...

The next time she asks why and you don't have an answer, just pull a Sarah Palin and say, "Let me get back withcha."

Kids are curious beings and will have you doing research on the internet like you're writing a term paper.

One Man’s Opinion said...

Okay. Okay. I need to know your answer to Why we need worms. I bet if she would have asked you how to fry worms you would have had an answer. LOL

KGB said...

I almost bought buttermilk the other day for some chicken. It was two days from expiration too. So guess where I left it. Hmmph!

RealHustla said...

Did you see that movie Bees Life, or something like that. The one with Jerry Sinefield. It went into how something so small and semingly insignificant can have such a great effect on the world.

Worms eat organic waste and convert it into soil. No worms, no soil, no soil, no plants, no plants, no veggies, no veggies, no natural source of nutrients,

you take it from there.

yummy411 said...

Love kids.. my 4 y/o tells long stories (as in movies) in run on sentences.. and then.. and then... and then... LOL!

gotta love them.. AND mr. darius t. williams for being a great cooking coach. i may need to hire him! great tidbits that you learn in the kitchen with grandma.. but grandmas these days don't teach their granddaughters anymore cuz we can hire someone =p