17 November 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

My weekend? Well it went a lil like this...

Friday: Went back to the corn maze with KGB. It had been raining all day and the ground was kinda muddy. Lots of mist in the air, you know pretty dark and creepy. We had fun but I wish there were more people there. We were all alone in the dark. Wait, now that I think about it being alone in the dark with KGB might be fun, hell I i'd enjoy it. She might too, might be the best 3 min of her life... lol Anyway, nobody else was in the maze but us. Every now and then one of the workers would pop up but there were no other lost people. We found our way out in about an hour, we even video taped it... coming soon.

Saturday: Hung out with the baby, we watched Incredible Hulk and went to visit my mom. Do you know my daughter loves the Hulk? she was cheering for him to beat up the soldiers who were hunting him. Got mad when he turned back into Banner and everything. Then in a emotional twist cried when the hulk beat up the evil hulk. What kind of mess is that? So right as I'm thinking that maybe she is too young for this movie she asks to watch it again. What age do kids have nightmares? My baby is not really scared of much.

Sunday: Chilled in the house most the day. Did a lil pre-thanksgiving cooking. Did I mention that I agreed to make thanksgiving dinner for the fam? yeah I did, so I wanted to test out a new turkey recipe I saw. You basically stuff some sage butter under the skin and cover the breast in bacon... uummm bacon covered breasts....lol Anyway this is why I love trying stuff. Because sometimes it doesn't come out exactly right. I took some turkey breast and roasted it just like the recipe called for but I took off the foil a lil too late and the skin didn't have enough time to brown. So it was either overcook the meat to give the skin a chance to brown or forget about the skin and enjoy perfectly cooked turkey. I chose the turkey. Here's some pics:




I don't even think the bacon added any flavor. I like my old recipe better. It's good but I was expecting a more smoky flavor from the bacon. Oh well I'll be eating turkey for lunch this week... lol

26 comments:

The KGB said...

Mmmmm...bacon...

Booooo to 3 mins. LOL.

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

Leaving the 3 mins alone :(

I love the Incredible Hulk. I am one of those I got to go see my superhero movies the first day people.

LOL at you baby not liking Bruce Banner.

I'm not sure I like the bacon on turkey idea. But, I am trying to stay away from pork.

And no Thanksgiving cooking for me. I am ordering pizza. Now, Christmas is my holiday I will do it up big.

Sha Boogie said...

Turkey covered bacon? You can miss me with that one, supa dave! gross. bleh.. call me when your making cornbread stuffing with turkey sausage and mushrooms, mmmmm....

BorednTalkative said...

I don't really like turkey too much. Now bacon....that's another story.

I have nothing to say about the three minutes.

Opinionated Diva said...

3 minutes...wow...at least you honest with it. Memo to self: scratch Dave off list of possible blog crushes. lol

Next time crumble the bacon in the sage butter first.

@ Urban Queen...noooooooo...not pizza on Thanksgiving girl!

Sweet KeiKei said...

a man who kids about three minutes better really just be kidding. lol

CocaColaCutie said...

Did you get that turkey recipe from Paula Dean? I swear that woman will wrap anything in bacon!

lol @ three minutes. That reminds me of this: http://www.break.com/index/a-completely-honest-randb-song.html

Ms. Behaving said...

Some things are better left unsaid...

FYI: That 3 minute comment is DEFINITELY one of em'!! LOL

Ieisha said...

LMAO at "bacon covered breasts"...sounds like a fetish in the making.

So many funny images of you, her and a can of bacon fat from the stove, lol.

Don't let people hate on your 3 minutes. Tell 'em not to knock it till they try it, lol.

As for the Obamas on 60 Minutes...they keep hope alive for Black love. And it was too funny when Barack got all excited talking about NCAA football and Michelle knew it was coming and sat back and let him do his thang.

*sigh*

Living vicariously through them.

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Everyone - The 3min was a joke but I said it would be the best 3 min of her LIFE!!! and ya'll nasty for focusing on it.. lmao

@KGB - mmmmm bacon...

@Sharon - Pizza??? You crazy, at least go to Boston market and get some turkey

@Sha Boogie - I do have a cornbread stuffing recipe on my counter.. lol

@Bored N Talkative - I think the bacon was better than the turkey lol

@Diva - you know you love me, 3 min or not.

@Kei Kei - BEST 3 minutes!!!

@CeCe - Naw it's a Tyler Florence recipe. Paula's recipe would kill me in a week. lol

@Ms. Behaving - whatever, women like quickies lol

@Ieisha - you can't go wrong with food and sex right?

Muze said...

geesh you're a good cook. if only. lol.

lol @ the baby liking the hulk. who doesn't like the hulk though? he's that dealio.

corn maze sounds fun.

Sexxy Luv said...

i'm going to leave the 3 minutes alone everyone has said enough. lol

the turkey looks good minus the bacon.

what's on your menu for thanksgiving?...

nikki said...

all these folks with their minds in the gutter. dave might have meant he was gonna give her a three minute foot massage!

i am very hopeful that's what he meant...

your daughter is braver than i am. i would have nightmares about that movie.

RealHustla said...

"might be the best 3 min of her life"

I'll never be able to fantasize about you again.

My daughter likes Iron Man, I got it for her for her birthday, she almost cried when I wouldn't rent it. She's not scared of horror stuff either.

No one wants a turkey that looks undercooked. Leave that recipe alone, the bacon looks weird.

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

DAMN THAT BACON LOOKS GOOD~~~!!!

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

DAMN THAT BACON LOOKS GOOD~~~!!!

RunningMom said...

lol @ everyone's 3 minute comments... In my camp, we would just make that round 1... ;)

The turkey looks good, but I'm allergic. It's cornish hen, chicken or ham for me on Thanksgiving.

FREEDOM said...

DAVEY'S Poor little turkey lol. i haven't seen the Hunk yet. i'm glad the baby loved it, hated it, NO WAIT...LOVED IT!

I think since she KNOWS daddy will protect her she probably is not scared even if she had/have nightmares.

yummy411 said...

yum can i get a turkey sandwhich?!

i don't know if my son was 3 or 4 when I am Legend came out, but that was his favorite movie and loved watching the dvd.. skipping to parts, back tracking if he missed something.. hmmm he's a big fan of will smith's (shark tales, hancock, fresh prince of bel air, etc.) and loves bob marley now. ;)

brran1 said...

Wow. Bacon.

You should holla at TVOne. They could use another Cooking show ever since that G. Garvin joint bit the dust.

Darius T. Williams said...

So that turkey and bacon looks good - there are a TON of recipes you could use to save the day.

I mean - you could do a BLT with the turkey and a sage flavored mayo on crispy italian bread with some gooey cheese - how about a turkey cobb salad with a pomegranate ranch dressing - crumble the bacon for an extra kick - that pomegrantae and sage would go great together. You could even dice it all up and do a savory gallette - I'm just saying - tons of recipes sir - tons...or get a knife and a fork and just go to town. It looks good just as it is!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

One Man’s Opinion said...

Aren't kids random as hell. When my sister told me that my little nephew loved the Hulk movie, I was in shock too. Plus, I was wondering why she took his ass to see a movie like that in the first place, at three years old. I am way too over protective of that little man. BOLT is the next most see movie.

The Dreamy One said...

im not gonna lie that turkey looks good as hell.

damn you are making me hungry.

umhhh about this corn maze??? lol

Eb the Celeb said...

Now I'm about to go pig out.. I still havent eaten lunch yet and that looks oh so good...

when you gon come to nyc and cook for me


or better yet... I say you have an inaugural potluck since I plan on being down that way for the inauguration

Melody.Darlene said...

im hungry now

Caspar608 said...

The bacon always keeps the bird moist.
Next time you might want to try it on the showtime rotisserie.
PERFECTION.