08 December 2008

Christmas in the city

This weekend I took the baby downtown to see the National Christmas tree. Did I mention how much I love this city? Every time I roam around the national mall and act like a tourist I find something different and this weekend was no exception. I could sit here and type about it but I took a bunch of pictures so here are some.




















National Christmas Tree
















National Christmas Tree and The Capitol















Ulysses S Grant memorial overlooking Washington monument. This is the view from the capitol lawn















Lady carrying an umbrella, this threw me off because it wasn't raining/snowing and there was no sun to shade so I don't know why she needed the umbrella















Construction at the capitol for the Inauguration















Random columned building. All the buildings have some kind of columns.















J Edgar Hoover FBI Building, celebrating 100 years!!




















Washington monument















Some War Memorial, I liked the torch.

Ok so now imagine your 4 years old, your cold but still running around having fun chasing squirrels when you look over and see this















A bunch of Santa's and Santa's helpers leaving the Washington monument















So your chillin when 200 Santa's walk directly past you saying "merry Christmas and giving away candy and toys.

video
It looked something like this















The gift haul after the Santa's left.



















Christmas tree in front of the white house















I was surrounded by 53 little trees, 1 from each state and territory















The Obama's future residence
















Another random columned building
















A random Christmas tree



















And after seeing all that I had to go home and put up my tree, I know it's blurry but I couldn't get a clear pic. Merry Christmas!!!

17 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Really great pics man, for real. You gotta love DC!

Kin'shar said...

hmmm, nice to see my own city in shots, how are you?

Opinionated Diva said...

I think from now on you should run your posts by me for spell check. Squarils??? *side eye* I think you did that on purpose!

The baby's hot pink coat is too cute!

LMAO @ lady with the umbrella.

Luv your tree!

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

That national tree is rather thin looking.
I'm just saying. . .in New York they got that big ole fat one.

Maybe the lady with the umbrella got sensitive skin.

Nice that you had fun sight seeing the city.

The Dreamy One said...

i know i would have went to jail but i would have taken one of those 52 christmas tree's,lol

let that lady do the umbrella,lol, you know old folk and their old fashioned ways!!!

i bet the baby had tons of fun.

love the Christmas tree!!!

kayellejaye said...

I love my city!

Cherish said...

sounds like u had fun. Too bad i cant see the pics. I put my tree up on sat and my son was so proud of it. well of the lights

.DQ said...

sounds like a great weekend! i wish my son had been able to see all those Santas!
nice chirstmas tree!

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE NATIONAL CHRISTMAS TREE LOOKS SLIGHTLY BARE AND BORING... PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THAT ITS MUCH MORE GRANDIOSE...hehehe **big word** IN PERSON. I WAS FEELING YOUR HOUSE TREE MORE THAN THIS ONE.

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE NATIONAL CHRISTMAS TREE LOOKS SLIGHTLY BARE AND BORING... PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THAT ITS MUCH MORE GRANDIOSE...hehehe **big word** IN PERSON. I WAS FEELING YOUR HOUSE TREE MORE THAN THIS ONE.

RealHustla said...

Yeah, I guess that should have been enough inspiration. My tree has been sitting undecorated in the front room for two weeks. Tonight is the night!

Ms. Behaving said...

WOW...You got some pretty great shots!

Despite the fact that my son's been houdin' me I have yet to put up my tree. [Can you believe that???]

What can I say...I'm not feelin' very christmassy this year! LOL

iCandy21 said...

awwww I need to hit up the city from a tourists view cuz i swear i be thinkin theres nothing to do in DC

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@DTW - Thanks man, I do love this city

@Kin'Shar - I'm good how are you? glad you liked the pics

@Diva - I do run it thru spell check, I just missed it. thanks

@Sharon - Sensitive to what? there was no Sun or precipitation

@Dreamy - lol, the police were everywhere so you would not have gotten far

@KGB - And it loves you!!!

@Cherish - lol... all that matters is that he was proud

@DQ - You should take him to DC it's really cool

@Cranky - The national tree was kinda wack, it's tall but boring

@Hustla - lol... decorating is the easy part

@Ms Behaving - see that's what happens when you go on vacay, you need a couple weeks to get back in the groove

@Candy - You should, make it a date with your girl. You'll have fun laughing at tourists if nothing else.

Caspar608 said...

you're a really good Dad : )
Merry Chrstmas : )

A.Smith said...

As long as I've been here and seeing as how I work on the Hill, it's a damn shame I don't get to the Capitol Mall more. Those pics are great!

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

wow great shots..made me miss HOME (born and raised baby)!!! I used to have such a clear view from my apt of the monument....*sniff, sniff* I want to come home!