02 December 2008

thanksgiving/weekend wrapup

What it do people? First I wanna thanks everyone who wished me a happy b-day. I'm sorry I posted the longest shyt I've ever written, If you didn't read it I don't blame you.. lol I promise to keep this post short.

My weekend could be summed up with 2 words. Man cold. I've been sick since Wednesday. Cooking with a cold is sooo not cool. Thanksgiving came out real good though, I don't have any pics because the battery in my camera died. Just imagine a bunch of good food lol.

For my birthday my friend invited me to go to visit her in Atlantic City. Since I had never there been I packed my cold medicine up and headed out. Can I tell you something? I hate Jersey. The place is sooo backwards. No left turns, crazy street signs and I even saw a Christmas parade 2 days after thanksgiving. Who does that? And you can't even pump your own gas, this bamma put like half a tank of the wrong gas in my car before I realized it. I hate jersey... lol But besides that I had a good time. I also hate holiday traffic, Took me 2.5 hours to drive up there and 4 to get back. That's some BS. Anyway I'm gone, man cold or no man cold I'ma have to put my christmas tree up this week.

14 comments:

RunningMom said...

Is a man cold different from a regular cold? Is it like "man whore", because everyone assumes whores are women, so you have to specify? Man cold - maybe it had a beard and a mustache so that made it manly?

Kidding - just never heard that phrase before! Get you some Puffs with Vicks - they're the best!

RealHustla said...

Man up and kick that cold. Naw just kidding, sorta.

Ginger, lemon and honey tea from scratch (put the ginger in a garlic press). Sip continuously.

Sha Boogie said...

why are you complaining about NOT pumping gas?? boy, bye! I'm moving there..lol I hate pumping my own gas.

Ieisha said...

Pumping the wrong gas in your car could be problematic. Do the gas stations carry a different kind of insurance for f*ck ups like those?

Why you still calling it a man cold? You know you got the flu!

sweet kei kei said...

i hate jersey too! can i come stay wit you??? lol j/k. i wouldn't trade getting my gas pumped on cold/windy/rainy days for nuttin. lol

hope u feel better!

Caspar608 said...

I lived in Jersey for two years...after I was dragged there from the BX...culture shock!!! I couldnt hop the train, I couldnt take a bus. It sucked basically. I came right back to NYC and was knocked up within a year. I wouldnt change a thing. The struggle in NYC is rich and vibrant. You can get around ALL day for a 4 dollar metrocard. The struggle in Jersey is BORING and DEPRESSING - from what I hear.

I despise Jersey with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

Oh, and Ricky Bobby said to say "hey".

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

I hope you feel better.
(crybaby)

It is cold outside and you are sick and you are complaining about not having to stand and pump gas?

I think I'll buy my Christmas tree this weekend.

Opinionated Diva said...

lmao @ the definition for man cold. So ridiculous.

Well hopefully you're feeling better.

The Jaded NYer said...

glad you had a nice holiday/birthday :D

@caspar608- HOLY COW.. we're like twins! I was dragged to Jersey from the BX, too! That hot ghetto mess ended my marriage and what not lol

dave- stop being a baby about this "man cold"... slather yourself in Vick's, take a steam bath and call it a day.

sheesh... no wonder WE have the babies... lol

(feel better!)

BorednTalkative said...

I swear men turn into babies when they're sick. I'm just playing, I hope you feel better soon.

1/3 said...

aww well I hope you feel better soon.

I read your bday blog. it was a nice look into your early 20s life.

Jersey does suck! lol

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Running Mom- A Man cold is the worst thing you could have, you shouldn't joke about it.. lol

@Hustla - who has a garlic press? i have been drinking lots of tea though, thanks

@Sha Boogie - lol.. I hope you hate left turns too.

@Ieisha - i think your right, it might be the flu

@Kei Kei - Come on down!! lol

@Caspar608 - That sounds like a made for TV movie.. I love Talladega nights!

@Sharon - thanks, I don't mind pumping gas at least i know I'm getting the right stuff.

@Diva - I'm a lil better thanks

@Jaded - I have not touched Vick's since I was a kid. I refuse to go back!!

@BorednTalkative - Me a baby? get outta here..lol

@1/3 - And your from B-more!!! you know jersey bad when b-more don't like them..lol

DiamondsR4eva said...

Lol I've never been to Jersey but u make it sound very unappealing!

Was Atlantic City at least nice?

Ms. Behaving said...

"Man cold" eh??? LOL!

It never ceases to amaze me the madness you can find in the urban dictionary.

Anyway, hope you're feeling much better! :-)