22 December 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

This weekend went by pretty quick. On friday i went on a hunting for a honey baked ham. My mom wanted one for christmas so I had to find one. They were sold out at 1 store so i had to drive across town to pick it up. Problem solved.

Saturday my cuzzo had a christmas party so I told her I'd make my red velvet cupcakes. I wanted an outside opinion about them. Here are some pics...



I think the icing makes them



I took them to the party and everyone loved them. Funny thing is I never like to be around when people eat my stuff. I just want to know after the fact. I hate the attention. people ask a bunch of questions, i just want a smile or a grunt, no more no less. So my aunt is telling me how good they were and my uncle is teasing me about baking red velvet. Even this dude who was a trained chef teased me. This bamma trained in france!!! I trained in PG county... lol good times... good times. The baby got to play with her cousins so she was in heaven.

On Sunday I took my neice shopping again. for the record I never bought the glasses. We were in a book store and she was drooling over some Twilight crap. I need to make a teanage movie to get rich. I asked her if she wanted the book for christmas? she said yeah, so I coped it for her. I'ma make her wrap it up and everything. Yes she will have to wrap her own gift, I hate wrapping presents. I was really considering putting the gifts in brown paper bags and stapling them shut.

Anyway sunday night I decided to bake this sweet potato pecan pie mocha dad sent me. Little did I know the thing would have to sit for 24hours before I could eat it! I was highly pissed. Here's a pic of it, unfortunately I don't know how it tastes yet:


I did realize something while I was baking. I really enjoy baking more than cooking, it's more relaxing. I kinda zoned out and listened to the football game as I baked up the pie. I swear I'd bake shyt all day if I didn't have to worry about eating it. I might just start selling baked goods out my trunk, right next to the t-shirts... lol

21 comments:

Just O said...

you've found your passion..go for it. when you have something you love doing, and possibly could make some coin off of it...i don't see why not try it out.

Opinionated Diva said...

I prefer baking too...you don't have to watch it as much.

For future reference...you NEVER have to ask me if I want red velvet cupcakes (i'm talking about your comment from Friday)...the answer is ALWAYS yes!!

That pie looks good too.

poeticwax said...

I prefer baking as well. Or maybe I just prefer cupcakes....eh, who can worry about the technicalities!

Mocha Dad said...

Waiting on the pie will make you enjoy it more. Let me know how it tastes.

NickiSunshine said...

This food looks soo good! How close are u to Kentucky/Southern Indiana??? I need to be invited to a dinner party. LOL

1/3 said...

Those cupcakes look yummy lol

I dont understand the hype behind Twilight either. Isnt it about a vampire? Im confused..

That pie would have been good if it didnt have pecans lol. I hope you got to taste it by now.

MUST LOVE MOVIES said...

yeah this is no fun looking at the pics
i need up close and personal

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

Where are my bake goods?
I don't bake but I can eat sweets like no tomorrow.

Hey, giving a teenager a book for CHristmas is wonderful. Reading is the best thing these children can do.
I am giving my two some books too.

StarzGazR said...

1- I love cupcakes.. urs look yummy =)

2- I dont get the "twilight" hype either.. but it's taken over!! lol

3- i'm sure you'll be enjoying your pie tonight over monday night football!! lol

SacredAngel said...

I like vamps but Twilight leaves an icky taste in my mouth.

Dave where are my cupcakes?

Why does the pie have to wait for 24 hours?

Baking can be a lot of fun. If you don't want to eat your work I'm 5 hours down the road in Southeastern VA. I will drive for some baked goods.

:D

Tha Management said...

:) I baked cupcakes this weekend too! They were spice with cream cheese frosting and red sprinkles. My friend threw an ugly sweater party and I brought cupcakes instead of booze. They were a hit though (they definitely had enough booze)

RunningMom said...

Yum, that pecan pie looks delish!

Darius T. Williams said...

Wow - look at u...those desserts look good man, for real.

And you're right - the frosting totally makes the red velvet cake!

clnmike said...

I used to work as a baker for Cub Foods when it was open, made all that stuff including dougnuts.

It took me a year to lose the weight I gained working there after I left.

We used to sprinkle some chopped up walnuts around the side of our red velvet cakes.

QB said...

The Cupcakes Look Delicious!

and as StarzGazR said I am sure you will enjoy your pie watching the bears kicking the packers @ss er i mena Monday Night Football

Jewelry Rockstar said...

I wish I could taste that sweet potato pecan pie too! Hey if the brothers from the NOI can sell t-shirts, baked goods, newspapers, & fruit, why can't you expand your offerings, LOL!

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Big O - I like how you think homie

@Diva - lol.. I'll keep that in mind

@poeticwax - I hate the technicalities too, just let me eat.

@Mocha Dad - I hate working then waiting.

@Nicki - Whoa.. your far lol. If you in DC/MD hit me up

@1/3 - Yeah Twilight is about teenage vampires. Cash Cow!!!

@Must Love Movies - Come on Thru, the kitchen is open

@Sharon - There are in the mail

@StarzGazR - Ummm Pie and Football

@ScaredAngel - I didn't know you wanted some, get on the road. I can make some in 5 hours.. lol

@Management - uuummm spice cupcakes and liquor.. I'm stealing that.

@RunningMom - I had some last night it was great.

@Darius - I could eat that frosting on pancakes. Wait I just might.. lol

@Clnmike - uuumm doughnuts..

@QB - The bears won but it wasn't an @ss kicking

@Jewelry Rockstar - lmao.. the day I sell fruit I'll shut down my shop.

Ms. Behaving said...

Red velvet cupcakes and sweet potato pecan pie????

I wonder how I managed to miss this post??? ;-)

RealHustla said...

The cupcakes look great.

Hey start learning how to pipe icing onto your cupcakes. Those special effects kick it up a notch.

Ieisha said...

The pie looks dee-lish!!!!!!!

kayellejaye said...

I've had this $50 gift certificate for HBH since Thanksgiving '07 that I keep forgetting about. They're good for 2 years. I coulda sold it to you for a small discount. ;o)