22 January 2009

Randomness

I FINALLY finished reading "A Purpose driven Life" by Rick Warren. You know the dude who read a prayer at the Inauguration. I was reading it with Freedom but I read slow so I kinda fell behind. Your supposed to read a chapter a day and my mind don't work like that on weekends. Anyway It was a good book, even though i don't claim to be a Christian I found it interesting and made me think about stuff.

Cooking with Dave... you remember that lil side project? yeah were slippin on it. I don't even know when a new episode will be shot. You'll just have to watch Darius' show until we get our act together, his food looks way better than mine anyway... lol

I successfully shipped some cupcakes a few weeks ago. I might do some cupcake give aways unless I get too lazy. Actually forget I said that, I feel lazy already. I've also perfected a chicken strip recipe that will be world famous. You know once I'm able to film it and all that.

Let me end with a story about how chivalry is dead. There was a fire drill at my job. The building let out and it was around 20 - 25 degrees outside. It was cold. So cold that when the alarm went off people went back to their office to get their coats, damn safety. Then I saw this dude in a wool coat, buttoned all the way up with his hands in his pockets. Leaning on him was a girl in a sweater, skirt and knee high boots. She looked hella cold. At first I thought that was kinda messed up and dude should have tried to help her stay warm. Then I realized that the women was his WIFE!!! at that point I couldn't stop staring and thinking how she is not demanding he open his coat and keep her warm. He could of at least put his arm around her, I mean do something more than stand there and let her lean on him. I guess that's just how they roll.

10 comments:

Amber-Alert said...

hmmm my mom has been pressing me to read that for a minute...might need to check it out. all i can say about that couple is DAMN...its gonna be quiet as hell in that house tonight lol!!!!

theweightofwhatisreal said...

As for the husband and wife....chivalry got executed! That's messed up!

Mister would just give me his coat. I wouldn't even have to ask. I'm gonna have to give him a kiss when I see him.

Glad you recognized the wrong in that situation. Good for you. Your mom taught you well.

RealHustla said...

Something is obviously going on between that husband and wife that we can't understand because we don't have all the information.

You just ignore them and make sure that chivalry stays alive!

Ms. Behaving said...

WOW @ dude who pretty much left his wife out in the cold...

That's some bullshyt but hey truth of the matter is a man can only do what you ALLOW him to.

Yo holla @ me if/when you snap outta your lazy phase and are ready to resume those cup cake give aways...

Lawd knows I don't need em' BUT I'd damn sure eat em'!!! ;-)

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

That was not cool about the husband and wife.
I guess she knew what she was getting into.

So, when do I get my cupcakes?

Eb the Celeb said...

I have started reading purpose driven life about 3 times in the last 2 years and still havent finished it. There always seems to be a part that hits me too close to home at the moment and knowing that I'm not ready to change it makes me shy away from the book. I need to pick it back up though

Opinionated Diva said...

lmao @ "my mind don't work like that on weekends" LOL

You and cuz need to get it together...pronto

Cupcakes in the mail...YAAAAY!!!!! lol

I was all happy and smiling all through this until I got to the last paragraph. Just sad...and even sadder is wife thinking its OK to lean up to him for body heat. ugh

Caspar608 said...

Dude is a punk, wife is a dummy. They belong together.

Cupcakes always make people smile. REALLY BIG, too.

FREEDOM said...

@ Davey I am on Purpose #5 "You Were Made For A Mission". Day 36. It's like i'm scared i'm going to be told my mission in life and i might not like it lol!! I plan to read the last 5 days starting on Monday-Friday. It just works better to read at work where I can really concentrate.

HEY YOU HERE ME LOUD AND CLEAR YOU TALENT WITH COOKING IS GREAT & SUPERB DON'T YOU NEVER EVER COMPARE YOURSELF OR YOUR COOKING WITH ANYONE ELSE YOU GIFTS & TALENTS ARE UNIQUELY YOURS GEARED TOWARDS THE PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS THAT YOU ARE COMMANDED TO IMPACT! SO YOU AND YOUR PARTNER COME UP WITH A PLAN THAT WORKS FOR YOU & YOU GO DO THE DAMN THANG! YOU HEAR ME LOL!!!! YOU ARE SPECIAL YOU HEAR ME AND YOUR COOKING LOOKS GREAT & I'M SURE IT TASTE GREAT TOO!

Howabout, I keep having this vision of a man holding me in his jacket wool jacket in the cold. In fact I just posted a post about it earlier today and had NOT been to site and when I read what you wrote I almost fell out lol!!!

clnmike said...

Lol, yup chilvary is dieing slowly.