26 February 2009

Excuses

Every now and then I think I make excuses for myself. I tell myself I don't have time to do something until I feel ok enough that don't bother trying. It's a character flaw, one that I'm reminded of when I look at www.cookinwithdave.tv site I tell myself I don't have time to film the show but the truth is I'm not making time. When talking to people I often say that you make time for things you want to do. If you really really want it you make time to get it. I need to follow my own advice.

It's not just about the show though. I also don't make time to do other things in my life, I really need to prioritize better. Or maybe I need to make less excuses and work harder. Spend less time BSing and get back on my grind. I often think buying my house made me lazy. I felt successful, I didn't have anything more too prove. I got comfortable. I was content. It's not until I feel broke that I start working hard. In my head I know I should work hard everyday because in reality I haven't accomplished much. I know I was put here to do so much more. I just can't get my body to listen.

So in my constant growth as a person I tell myself to explore different things I enjoy. I realize that I'ma have to stop making excuses and just get things done. Life don't wait and I've spent enough time sleeping and lounging in my chair watching the food channel.

6 comments:

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

Because you already ackowledge that you tend to procrastinate and make excuses I believe that you will do better. Especially because you took the time to notate it. You want to be held accountable... I have high hopes for you and the things that you wish to accomplish.

Ms. Liryc said...

The first thing to combatting your "sluggishness" is to acknowledge it and that's exactly what you did. You know that you are sluggish and that things are taking you longer and you are aware now, make the necessary movements to stop.

I always remember something a good friend of mine told me when it comes to making excuses..

"excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" and you know you're not weak nor incompetent so make it happen!

buttahflychronicles said...

Wow, powerful self realizations. Just in case you're feeling lazy again, let me sum it up for you...

"If you really really want it you make time to get it."

"I know I was put here to do so much more."

You said that, I didn't.

Kayos said...

You know what...

If you can acknowledge you're messing up then you've made it past step one. The next step is to do something about it.

I'm sure you'll move when God puts it on your heart to move.

jolie fatale said...

you sound like me.. lol
brother from another .. i tell ya

Creative1k said...

I agree with Ms. Cranky. The first step is to acknowledge your withered condition and then do something about it. It may take baby steps, but it can be down. I'm definitely in this boat working on my time management. Good Luck!!!