23 February 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

This weekend was cool, on Saturday me and my buddy replaced my water heater. It was an interesting job. I had never done it before but it was easy enough.

A few weeks ago I made some key lime cupcakes that were pretty good but they were too dense for my taste. I figured I'd play with the recipe and make a cake out of it. Saturday night me and the baby make it and learned a couple things. My original recipe was crap, this one is much better and moister. You need more icing for a cake then you need for cupcakes, That seems like common knowledge but you know I'm slow. Since I didn't have the stuff to make more icing so I just worked with what I had. I also learned that when making a 2 layer cake you should cut the top off 1 layer so it lays flat. That's just so it looks good, this cake tasted great. Oh I also learned that kids are the best assistants. They do whatever you ask without question, they are just happy to be there. Anyway here are the pics:





Sunday I recurited my lil cuzzo and headed over to my sisters house to do more handyman stuff. This time it was an overhead microwave. We put it up pretty easily, the fun part of the day was realizing how grown my cusion is becoming. He's 21 now so he kinda grown. He's going thru the same stuff I used to go thru. Just watching it from the outside is funny to me, I give him advice and see what he does with it. watching someone else learn the life lessons I've already learned is amusing to me.

8 comments:

Creative1k said...

Kudos to Super Dave!!!

RealHustla said...

I don't know any kids who just take my instructions without questioning. Guess my voice ain't deep enough.

Tiffany Nicole said...

You gotta share the recipe! I LOVE key lime cake! Had a great one in ATL about 5 yrs ago when my dad & stepmom renewed their vows--multiple layer strawberry and keylime! It's a shame I can still remember a cake! But it was that good!

clnmike said...

Looks good.

What type of icing did you use whipped or cream cheese?

BorednTalkative said...

That cake looked good. I've never had keylime cake. You gotta share the recipe.

LadyLee said...

that cake looks really good!

One Man’s Opinion said...

I gotta say it...Just like I said to Darius Williams...I need you to go onto Ultimate Cooking Showdown.

I imaging that putting in a Hot Water heater is like putting in a toilet bowl. I remember when I put in a toilet and my home. I felt like very much the man. LOL

nicki nicki tembo said...

cake looks scrumptious!