30 March 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

I actually did alot this weekend. Lets see friday night I went to this spot down on H st. Now H st used to be the hood, but they are trying to renovate the area so you get a wide mix of folks there. I mean a WIDE mix, more on that tomorrow.

First up was this restaurant called sticky rice. It was supposed to be good so why not check it out right? We walk in the door and the waitress asks if I have a reservation.... uuummm no. Now mind you the place is a converted row house. It's not a huge place. Why would I need a reservation? I see empty tables!! The waitress says "I can just seat you at the sushi bar" Ok cool, it's a full menu anyway. We sit down right in front of some Octopus. I mean every time I look up I see suckers. Then I ask the waiter for some ice tea. "Sorry we ran out, we have dragon fire tea. It tastes the same just with vodka" no usually when someone says silly things like that I don't believe them but I'll be damn if that drink didn't taste like unsweetened ice tea. Pretty good stuff. So I'm eating, chatting and getting glances of octopus. I make a joke about eating some of it. So I ask the sushi dude "hey whats that taste like?" he quickly responds "You wanna try it?" Now, lets take a step back. When you inquire about something if it's offered to you for free you have to take it. I mean what I look like joking about eating the raw octopus then turning down a free sample? Did I mention it was a first date? yeah my pride mixed with dragon fire tea took over. So that lead to this



Another note... when your at a sushi bar and you get an audience you know your doing something you shouldn't be doing. So after some tips from an asian guy I eat the cephalopod I realize I have NOTHING to wash it down with. Just some water. Good thing it didn't taste too bad. Like chewy fish, I doubt I'll eat it again unless it's a bet or something.

So after that we hit up this lounge. They didn't charge a cover so a wide mix of people strolled up in there. I mean from def black women, to white college students to crack heads... yes crack heads. See there are plenty in that area and they have yet to "move" them to another part of town. There is nothing like watching a crack head grandma dance in front of you. Watching grown ass men dance and touch on her, watch her flirt with dudes. It's quite entertaining. Then there was the pimp who sat next to us. Dude walked in with 2 women. sure they were in their 60's but who cares. He was my hero for the night, you can't knock his hustle. They sat by as he flirted with other women, then showed him all the attention when he came back. They barely even spoke to each other. For them it was all about him... lol

I'll post about saturday tomorrow.

15 comments:

Opinionated Diva said...

Wow pimpin...you sure got over quasi girlfrien fast!

Tha Management said...

LMAO at Opinionated Diva (I said the same thang)

You couldn't pay me to eat that. You're a thug.

Super Dave Van Buren said...

@Diva and Management - who, what? Oh yeah... that was sooo 2 weeks ago. You know how my A.D.D works.

Amber-Alert said...

sooo the real question is was ur date impressed??

The Dreamy One said...

I see 09 is the year of Pimping Super Dave!

I aint mad at u,lol

I don't know about the octopus, sounds nasty

Wow the date had to witness the crackhouse

The Dreamy One said...

I meant to say crackhead, lol

Forgive me!

Just Jasmine said...

LMAO
that must have been one heck of an evening. Glad yuo had a good weekend.

Octopus kinda tastes like squid to me but no thanx on eating it raw. I'll leave that up to the menfolk ;)

QB said...

dude crack heads dancing... how i wish i had never seen that. but unfortunately it's not something i am immune to. I however don't think i'd want to watch it on a first date...

haha.

and octopus? gross!

ninamm said...

I still remember the 8th & H Crew and poor Catherine Fuller with the eight kids they murdered. Sorry...got a mental block when it comes to H Street. I'on care if they giving money away down there, naw...I'll pass. LOL

Ms. Behaving said...

GAG @ that octopus. Can I just say better you than me??? LOL

Sha Boogie said...

The only thing that matters with the octopus was if your date was impressed!

Well?? Was she??

Kayos said...

I'm jealous. You had octopus. Would you eat it again if given the chance? I eat it everytime I hit my favorite sushi bar! Yeah it does taste like some chewy fish.


I see you pimpin...were you being the asshole as your video suggest people should be?

buttahflychronicles said...

My kids love octopus. They also love squid, and as of about a week ago decided they like eel with bbq sauce (that was a free sample).

My kids will eat anything at least once for fear that they will be missing out on something. I taught them this, lol.

Anonymous said...

I eat squid all the time. In salad, how about fried calamari??? Yum.

I'll pass on the eel though. They're bottom feeders and slimy and everytime I think of them I remember this time I was fishing at a lake and one bit my friend. It was scary. Ugh.

Anyway, good you're back on the dating scene SDVB.

RunningMom said...

Calamari - yes, eel - yes, Octopi at the sushi bar... no. I didn't like it when I tried it either.

As for that first date.. hey hey now. Will there be a second?