20 May 2009

Hangin with Kiddies

So today I might be taking my daughter and her friend to Pump it Up i take my daughter pretty regularly since it's a chance for her to run around and have fun. I'm kinda nervous about taking her friend though. Not because she is a bad kid or anything, she is actually really well behaved, I just have this fear of me taking someones child out and that child coming back saying I touched them inappropriately. Now I would never ever do anything like that but if some kid decided to lie on me because they were mad I'd be screwed right? who really doesn't believe a child when they make claims like that? it would be my word against theirs. What if were out and she wants something and I simply say "no" and she decides to scream murder? If I was her dad and my daughter said some man touched her I'd kick ass first, I'd only expect another dad to do the same.

So that's my worry, maybe it's irrational but it stops me from being alone with other peoples children. If she was a family member or one of my friends kids I wouldn't have a problem, they know me and I know them. I don't know this little girls parents like that. I see them, I say hi and that's about it. i can't see myself being friends with them. Anyway I'm sure I'll provide an update later today.


note: I'm horribly behind on reading blogs. I've been working on a bunch of different stuff. I'll catch up soon. Also I think I'm already bored with twitter... lol we'll see how long I keep twitting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Super Dave,

I completely understand your concern. Why don't you take someone with you such as a female cousin or maybe your girl that way you can eliminate some of the anxiety you have about taking someone else's kid with you.It's especially hard for men to deal with girls because there are so many things that can be misinterepreted. But anyway have fun at PUMP IT UP!!! It's a blast.!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Your fear is unfounded. The more you fear something like this, the more you can draw it to you. I think you should write an affirmation like "children know, love & trust me" and every time that fear crops up in your head, deny it. You wouldn't want to bring something bad like that into your life.

BorednTalkative said...

I understand where you are coming from. But like anonymous suggested, maybe taking a female companion along would ease your worry. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about though.

RunningMom said...

Obviously this little girls parents aren't too worried since they don't likely know you any better than you know them, yet they are allowing you to take their young daughter alone, without them.

Now it's nothing against you SuperDad, but there's know way in hell I would allow my daughter (or son) to go off with a guy I barely knew. Would you?

RunningMom said...

That should have been "no way"

buttahflychronicles said...

You know, the first thing I though after reading the first couple of sentences was, what about when she wants to go to the potty? At 4, what if she doesn't have her personal hygeine techniques down yet. You will have to wipe for her. If you let her go back home poopy assed, that wouldn't be taking good care of her.

Are you prepared to whipe this childs butt? If not, get out of it, or invite a female cousin or something with a same aged child.

dopelikelouboutins said...

add me on twitter before u get bored "decadentpeach"!

I would be nervous about doing anything with a kid these days, parents are SUE HAPPY. Car pools, sleep overs, preparing food without knowing food allergies or them playing outside in my yard and I look away for one seconds..so many things can go wrong it's nerve wracking!