18 May 2009

Live From the Corner... 10 toes down

So this December marks 10 years on my job. The time kinda flew by. For a IT contractor 10 years on 1 site is like an eternity. I've seen co-workers come and go only to come right back. I used to search for new jobs but then I realized that I have a pretty goo gig. I like the people I work with, I enjoy the work I do, I can wear white tee's and nike boots all summer and nobody says a word, and they pay pretty good. Actually I can't remember the last time I wore a tie to work. or a button up shirt that I tucked in. Today I wore a hoodie and jeans. Besides I'm not one to be jumping from job to job. I've only worked 2 real jobs in my life and the first one I worked about 5 years. I'm not the kind of guy who has 6 jobs in 2 years. Outside of my dating life I'm a pretty stable person... lol

12 comments:

Opinionated Diva said...

Awwwwww congrats!

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

Good for you. I can't say the same thing once I am doing what I want then I will stay put.

Otis said...

economy crazy out here...just watched 4 co workers get walked out last week...good luck

Ieisha said...

"Outside of my dating life, I'm a pretty stable guy".....lmao!!!!

Congrats on the decade. Here's to 10 more!

Nabanja said...

This is probably more relevant to your posting about that Malcolm Gladwell book "Blink". But its a pretty interesting talk about how we get into fooled into the descisions we make.
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/dan_ariely_asks_are_we_in_control_of_our_own_decisions.html

(sorry I'm pretty primitive when sharing links etc)

Tamara

buttahflychronicles said...

Job stability. It's a very attractive attribute in a man that often sends ladies running IN your direction. And so far, this fact has held true. It normally helps you keep the ladies too.

Naw, congrats, and good job. Now just make sure that you're not working on an illegal personal services contract or things could be getting real strange for you real soon. Do you contract with the govt?

RunningMom said...

Congrats! Extra week of paid vacation?

I'm about to hit 5 years at my job in August. The longest I have worked anywhere to date... sigh, I do need something new in my life though. Soon as this economy rebounds...

Caspar608 said...

congratulations dude.

I am in I.T. too, I made 10 years this year too!!! Now I get 5 weeks vacation. Woo-Hoooooo

I wear what the hell I want to work, too. Nobody says anything to me about my comings and goings since that nasty managing director felt on my booty in the elevator and what not...but thats another story.

Its all about YOU, Dave and your 10th ANN-I-VER-SARYYYYY.

Peace,
Cas

Cynthia said...

10 years is a great accomplishment! Go head with yo bad self!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

congrats on 10 years working for the man! hehehe

Jewelry Rockstar said...

congrats on 10 years working for the man! hehehe

Jewelry Rockstar said...

congrats on 10 years working for the man! hehehe