21 May 2009

Sucker for pie

Did I ever mention my girl rocks? no? well she does. you know why? well there are plenty of reasons but the one I'ma blog about is that she is a Pastry Nazi. If I mention how I ate some cake/pie/donut/crisp that was good she immediately thinks it's not as good as hers and jokes how I'm cheating on her by eating other peoples cooking. Mind you she is a great cook and baker.




(pastry nazi)

Let me take you back to sunday. we went to the Taste of Arlington. Basically is a street food fair where restaurants and vendors trade tickets for samples of their food. It was good stuff. We were chillin then I saw someone walking around with a mini pie. Like the size of a cupcake. It looked SOOO good. I hunted for the vendor giving them out and it was a culinary school. I quickly handed over my tickets to some young girl who gave me a cherry pie. I downed the pie in .02 seconds. It was delish! even with the store bought canned filling. my girl looked at me like I had just got the culinary students number right in front of her... lol. I explained how good it was and she just said that she could do it better. I talked about the pie repeatedly from sunday to tuesday. finally she had enough and make me my OWN mini pies with homemade filling!!! Her's crushed the culinary students ones.




Yep she Rocks.

10 comments:

Ms. Lyssa said...

So cute!! I love it - plus mini-pies are the best!! Good catch :-)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww!!!! THat was so sweet. Do I see DC's version of Cooking with the Kneely's coming soon.

Opinionated Diva said...

Awwwwww....that was cute.

Please give the gf my addy...I like apple filling...no I'm not kidding!!! Lol

Sha Boogie said...

Two cooks in a relationship??!!! CHALLONNNGEEEE!!! lol

Tha Management said...

Too Cute :) No seriously, does she deliver?

RunningMom said...

I'm not a big pie fan, but those mini pies look yummified! I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at them...

buttahflychronicles said...

I like her!!! Now will she get angry if you eat out cause she's been complaining about not wanting to cook? No? Don't mess this one up, Dave.

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Those pastries look deslish!!!

MMmmmmmm...

JACK said...

I'm mad as hell I came all the way over here and this damn post is about ACTUAL pie.

*storms out*

Yolanda said...

I'm not a pie eater, but it sure does look delicious.

I'm pretty sure you put a smile on your woman's face. I love it when my man brags about my cooking -- even more when I'm told it tastes better than his grandma's! =)