26 May 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

This felt like the longest weekend ever.. lol. on Friday the GF got us tickets to the nationals game. It was my first baseball game even though I used to play little league. here are some pics





This dude was getting on my nerves... who comes to the game with their son to read the paper?



On saturday me and the baby went to a baby shower. My buddy's wife is having a baby, all my daughter cared about were some cupcakes. She asked 8 people for permission to eat one. My baby is greedy... lol

Monday I attempted to smoke some ribs. This should have been an episode of Cookin with Dave now that I think about it. here are some pics of the adventure.

Charcoal getting hot


Charcoal getting really hot..


Ribs down..


Finished product...


The ribs came out GOOD!!! I got FIOS installed on monday and I gave the installer some. He called me back today to ask for the recipe... lol I'll take that as the highest compliment. Next I'm going to smoke some pork for a pulled pork sandwhich.

11 comments:

Jewelry Rockstar said...

That's a nice looking knife.

Kingsmomma said...

YOooo that Knife tho.... is that a giveaway?

oh yeah seems like you had a great weekend.

the GF seems nice. Me likes

The True Urban Queen aka Sharon said...

Never been to a baseball game. . .how unAmerican. The only reason I go to baseball games is because the Pirates are such losers they give the tickets away.
I never been to a professional football and would love to go to one.

RunningMom said...

Ribs, yum! I still haven't mastered the rib. Teach us wise one.

clnmike said...

The ribs look great!

Shauna said...

damn they look good

Ms. Liryc said...

Ahh I remember my first baseball game.. Good times.. Homey should've been slapped, you can't come to a ball game with your kid and read the paper..

Ribs looked right though.. I must admit.. Looked delicious.. but about the knife.. where can I get one of those.. it looks sharp..

Anonymous said...

I don't even eat ribs but I would have tried those they look good. Big ups to the GF for the baseball tickets. She sounds like a keeper.(don't screw it up). Well am glad the baby enjoyed the cupcakes they sound like they were the hit of the baby shower.

contagiouslyCRANKY said...

OH HELL NO.. WE HAVE A GF?? DAMN WHERE HAVE I BEEN? IM HIGHLY UPSET W/ MYSELF FOR MISSING THE MEMO!! IS THIS A NEW WOMAN OR DID WE REKINDLE WITH THE LAST GF?? OH LAWD LAWD LAWD. I HATE FEELING LOST.

RealHustla said...

Those ribs do look delicious what's up with the recipe. Ooooo, you'll be having a baby shower soon, lol. Naw, I'm just being very hopeful.

KIM said...

Ribs and on the grill YUMMM! FIOS IS THE BOMB YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT! I hope you got the DVR and ON DEMAND! I never watch shows when the actually come on. I record everything, the whole series with one click. I watch them when I get ready even if is 20 minutes after it started you can record and go back to the beginning to watch at the same time! Enjoy!