15 June 2009

Weekend Wrap-up



Lets start this right. I want everyone to congratulate the Lakers on winning the championship last night. If your like me you knew the game was over by half time. I stayed up to watch the end just because I stayed up to watch them lose last year. Just so were all clear that's 15 rings for the Lakers, The City of Angels can also be known as Title town.

On to my weekend, on saturday the baby had her first swimming class. She had a ball! I had taken her to the pool a couple times so she was comfortable in the water. She's looking forward to swimming laps around her poor dad (yes I don't know how to swim yet I go fishing in 60ft of water.) After swimming we went to the grocery store. not just any store but the great Whole Foods. A place where any and everything can be found. I don't travel there often but when you are looking for 1 vegetable or fruit or slice of meat that's the place to go. They have EVERYTHING! I got some meat, fruit and fresh juice and was out the door.

What kind of meat did I get? well Pork Butt of course... I decided to expand my BBQ empire to include pulled pork sandwiches. So that meant smoking 4 pounds of pork butt. Well it's actually the shoulder but it's called the butt, I don't know why. Pork Butt is fun to say.. lol Anyway I rubbed it down and threw it on the grill. wanna see the pics? of course you do...





So that's how I spent my sunday, smelling like smoke and watching the lakers get back on top.

8 comments:

Otis said...

Never did the "pork butt"...but as a fellow griller..i'll have to try that sometime this summer

Insatiable One said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Insatiable One said...

That's some tasty looking ass, dave. yum! LOL Glad the baby enjoyed the swim class but you need to learn how to doggie paddle or something. LOL

buttahflychronicles said...

Did you get some special rolls to make the sandwhiches with? They prolly had something very special at Whole Foods.

clnmike said...

BOOOOOOOOOO lakers!

Opinionated Diva said...

Booooooooooooo to the Flakers!!!!

lol @ the baby outswimming her old man.

Kayos said...

Man!!!! _____ the Lakers!

You can fill in the blank!

Krissy said...

People not liking the lakers is awesome to me and I live in LA lol. I'm not a fan myself but I'm also not a hater. The better team won the series.

Umm. . u might wanna hop in the water too and take lessons right a long with her. Don't be ashamed. :)