06 July 2009

Today...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I've always loved that quote. It's rebirth defined. No matter what you did in the past you can start changing it today. Every new day is a new beginning. I say that to say today I'm going to refocus myself, my career, my life. I want so much more, I feel like I've wasted soo much talent. But today I stop, today I take advantage of all the blessings I've been provided. I'll learn and grow from my mistakes and become a better man, father and friend.

I woke up this morning inspired. I need to make some changes, I'll be 30 in 5 months. I really feel old, I need to get some stuff in order. I applied for a passport this weekend, yes i've never been out the country go ahead and make your jokes.. lol. then I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning my house and running errands. I added making a will to my ToDo list. With all these folks dying I need to make sure my stuff is together.

I didn't do anything big for the 4th I just thru some food on the grill... it was GOOD food though.. lol (sorry no pics)

the growth continues...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Post Dave and the timing is so right. With any day not being promised you should live your life to the fullest and not waste any of your talents that you have been blessed with. By the way thirty is not old!!LOL It's the start of a new chapter in life.

Insatiable One said...

your post is on point with the way I've been feeling lately too. Like it's time to reevaluate this thing called life and figure out what I can do to make mine better. Good luck on your journey.

Kingsmomma said...

funny, i had that quote click off lightbulbs in my head this weekend and I've been quite productive in doing what I have set out to accompolish.

Eb the Celeb said...

when it all boils down... that's what life is all about... growth... I have never understood the mindset of the stagnant or complacent.

Caspar608 said...

be sure to you fill out papers for a HEALTH CAR PROXY and POWER OF ATTORNEY. In the event you become ill, your HCP will call the shots in the hospital (based upon what he or she knows to be your wishes) and the POA will ensure your daughter is provided for properly if you are unable to make legal decisions.