24 September 2009

Random Thoughts Friday

Here's some random stuff on my mind:

- My daughter did start school, like real school. Like a school where she doesn't call her teacher "mom". She actually started about a week or 2 into the school year. Actually there is alot happening on the baby daddy front but I don't want to blog about it till it's over. If you follow me on twitter you might have a idea.

- I've been crazy busy at work. Like 7 hours a day busy. It's both good and bad at the same time. I usually have alot of down time but that leads me to be lazy. When I'm busy I'm more focused and get more done. It carries over to my home life too. Long story short I've been busy.

- I started to eat better like 2 months ago or so. I just decided one day to stop eating junk and drink more water. I'm up to 2-3 liters a day now with no problem. I actually don't miss the sweets and fried food anymore. I killed my sweet tooth. Plus I started working out on a consistent basis. Combine all that and i've lost around 15lbs. I'ma be sexy soon... lol

- Now that I'm single I'm sure your thinking I'm going to resume my career as a professional dater. Truth is I'm not really interested in meeting anyone. The whole interview date process just doesn't sound fun anymore. This is odd because that used to be my favorite part. It dawned on me that I've been in a relationship pretty much all year. I need to focus on good ole Dave for a minute. I think I'ma take the last quarter of '09 off, I have plenty of other things that need my attention more then dating.

- I don't know if ya'll remember but I'm in my homeowners association. Went to a meeting and found out we have a GANG in our neighborhood. Dumb kids even put up video of them committing crimes on youtube (it since has been removed, or I would post it.. lol) I swear suburban gangsters the worst. If my house was worth anything I would sell it and move. Unfortunately I also learned that way to many people in my hood have been foreclosed on so our home values have dropped.

On yeah.. speaking of dating and dumb, this video is the greatest thing I saw this week

9 comments:

Samantha said...

That video is hilarious...thanks for making me laugh

BorednTalkative said...

Glad the baby is in "real" school. And the hope the other things work out for you.

I wish I could kill my sweet tooth. Congrats on the healthy eating, exercise and weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Glad the baby is in school. I know that made you happy. Keep up the good work on the changing of diet and excersize regime!! 15lbs that's big stuff.

I feel you on the dating thing. It's not fun anymore. I personally hate the whole interview process because who really tells the truth and who really wants to put all their business out to some stranger. Back in the day things use to be much more fun.

I know you have some healthy meal ideas you can share.

DC Debutante said...

I'm done with dating for 09 too! I don't wanna be bothered. I'm just gonna relax, play tennis and watch some good TV. I'm sick of hurting these guys feelings b/c they do not know what is appropriate.

40 something and fab said...

I hear you.. take that break and get into you... I have been on hiatus for the past four years.. just starting to poke my head out into the dating scene...but I am treading cautiously...lol

Insatiable One said...

Thanks goodness the baby is in a real school. I was really worried there for a second. Maybe BM saw the error of her ways. *shrugs*

A hiatus from everything but "Dave" and the bills might be whats needed now. Enjoy it and be productive during it.

Oh snap, you're bringing sexy back!

dmac said...

Delurking to say...
Glad to hear the baby's in school; Sad to hear about the girlfriend; Lastly...can you buy any of the foreclosures and use them for rental income?
(gone back to lurking)

QB said...

Congrats on gettin in shape an workin out.

Also glad to hear the baby is in real school.

what types of crimes has this gang committed in your area?

Nicki Sunshine said...

"I started to eat better like 2 months ago or so. I just decided one day to stop eating junk and drink more water. I'm up to 2-3 liters a day now with no problem. I actually don't miss the sweets and fried food anymore. I killed my sweet tooth. Plus I started working out on a consistent basis. Combine all that and i've lost around 15lbs. I'ma be sexy soon... lol"

I'm doing the same thing.. good luck to ya.