02 September 2009

The Readers

Having this blog is a odd thing. It started out as just me wasting time trying to be funny and now it's like a chronicle of my life. Just today my GF referenced a post I did back in march (yes she knows about it). Over the past 2 months I've entertained thoughts of quiting it because I don't really have much to blog about anymore. Then I get emails from readers telling me how they like it. not even regular readers but people who bloggers consider "lurkers" email me. I was even stopped outside of safeway once by a reader who reconigzed me. I didn't get her name but she seemed nice enough. Person after person says how they enjoy seeing the "other sides" view. That made me think I should keep doing it. Granted I only blog from my point of view but that's still better then nothing. I don't read many daddy blogs, maybe there aren't that many, I don't know. Maybe the ones out there are not as personal. This blog is like my story, sure it's not the entire story but just the amount I'm willing to share but it's still my story. So why stop it before the end right?

So thank you readers, lurkers and new friends. Not only for reading but for understanding and being supportive. I hope you get something out of this blog, if nothing else at least a laugh every now and then.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are other Daddy blogs, but when I read them I think to myself "he's somebody's daddy? What the f_ _ _!!!" Your's isn't like that. You are a daddy who's intelligent and has common sense. You also give your readers something to think about. Hummmm... keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the other daddy blogs but I must say yours give me hope. You always here about the dead beat dad's but not enough is put out there about men wanting to be good dads and stepping up to the plate, its just unfortunate that your bm don't realize how great a dad you are. I must admit I miss your funny stories!!! Your sense of humor is refreshing. I don't mean to sound selfish but don't stop the blog just yet. Everyone goes through a rut and you will come out of it.

BorednTalkative said...

See Dave you can't stop blogging, your public won't allow it. lol

Eb the Celeb said...

muah... hugs and cyber kisses and keep doing what it do!

Ieisha said...

Your blog offers a unique perspective as a single father who is raising his daughter. I've read others from the male POV but the guy is usually married or with the biological mother.

If it works for you, keep writing. It may turn into the memoirs of the DC BD.

dopelikelouboutins said...

Heyyyyyyyy long time no speak, I like our blog, it offers a unique perspective from the man's side of view when it comes to parenting and being an infamous 'baby daddy' keep doing what you do and tweeting on twitter, I don't see u on my timeline that much lol

Anonymous said...

Don't stop your blog. I have been a lurker for a while now. Although I have not visited in a while because the internet has become a luxury of time that I don't have. Anyway, I really do enjoy it. I relate, laugh and disagree and I always remember its just your opinion so I am never upset at what I read. Keep doing what you do so I can continue to lurk!