28 September 2009

Weekend Wrap-up.. with pics

I had a pretty good weekend. I even took pics!! wanna see? here you go.

Saturday:

Went crabbing with my buddy only a few weekends of crabbing left in the season so I wanted to enjoy some crabs and beer, woke up at 5am was on the water by 6:20am. This lead to seeing some pretty nice sunrises.



So after spending a couple hours on the water we ended up with a full bushel of crabs.



One even tried to get away.


Don't worry we caught him

I ate my fill of both crabs and beer. Joked around with my boys teenage step kids and even went back on the water in the rain. I love being on the water, I saw so many houses out there and kept thinking "what am I doing wrong?" I need a house on the water point blank period

Sunday:

My boss got married and decided to have his reception at the Maryland Renaissance Festival. Now I have a general rule that if I ever have the chance to do something I have never done before I'm going to do it. Life is about experiences and I want to experience alot. That said I had never been to a Renaissance Festival, not only that but I can't recall 1 person in my life even suggesting going. So with this reason to go I figured I'd check it out.

So I promised the baby a pony ride and headed out. Let me tell you, this place was pretty great. It's like a village built into the woods, these were permanat structures. Not like something they just set up for the weekend.



Me and baby visited my boss and ate some wedding cake


Yes they had a pirate theme for the reception.

Then I mentioned the pony ride to my boss. He said I can do better then a pony and pointed to a elephant. A FREAKIN ELEPHANT!!! like a real one!



So I looked at the baby and asked her if she wanted to ride it. She looked and me with a Hell Yeah! look so we got in line.




So yeah I've riden a elephant, I can put that on and cross it off my bucket list lol

Even after the elephant the baby wanted to ride a pony


I know it's kinda lame now... lol

Then we got a Renassance staple smoked turkey leg



That thing is GOOOOD, you should get one.

Then the baby wanted to take a pic of me.


And that was my weekend. I hope ya'll enjoyed yours.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you and the baby had fun. Cute pic of you!!!!

Ieisha said...

Someone's getting skinny!!! Although them arms just as hairy as ever, lol.

40 something and fab said...

Send me some of those crabs...Crabs are my favorite cooked in beer with lots of spice. I have always wanted to go to a renaissance festival and next month there will be one held here in NY... I will check it out since it seemed like you had a good time.

Caspar608 said...

long as those crabs weren't in your drawls, its all good SDVB.

Looks like you and the baby had an awesome time. : )

Peace, Cas

Nicki Sunshine said...

Loved the recap!

The Dreamy One said...

nice pic of you!

love me some crabs but you already know that as much as i leave comments on those types of pics

glad you and the baby girl had a great weekend

...:::BEAUTIFUL...BROWN...SKIN:::... Bianca said...

Loved the recap & the baby took a good pic!! Aww...