26 October 2009

Chick Magnet

First women smile, Only they don't smile at me they smile at her. My daughter is friendly, like super friendly. So if you smile she just might start a convo with you. I can't tell you how many times I've been forced into a convo with someone that started with them saying hi to my daughter. I guess normal men would look at this a a great way to meet women, there is a built in opening. Not me, I've never used my baby to pick up a woman. It just seems like cheating, I think women get weak when they see daddy's and daughters. Plus I don't want my baby to see me picking up women. She should know that our time together is about us, not them. I'm sure right now she won't get it but as she grows it will matter.

Did I ever mention I'm a lil anti-social? yeah my daughter is the exact opposite. That lil girl can work a room like she running for mayor. For the longest I didn't get where she got it from, then I realized that's me. Me when I'm not being a introvert and I'm actually engaging with people. I have my moments when I'm really charming. I swear she got my best traits.

So picture the scene when I'm the only dude at the playground with a couple single mom's and the baby has befriended every kid there. It's like I HAVE to speak to the moms. They start up conversations with me, this leads to normal adult banter, in which multiple flirting doors are opened. Again it's like a perfect situation. Half the work is done. They even suggest "play dates" It's like I'm dumb not to capitalize on it. I never do though, maybe it's me missing open doors. Long story short the baby draws attention, I'm not really a fan of attention. At least it's good attention.

13 comments:

12kyle said...

Good post, bruh.

I think you have a mature way of thinking. Women love to see the daddy and his daughter together. It helps even more when the child is friendly like yours. I can imagine that it'd be hard to turn some women down.

BorednTalkative said...

My daughter is the exact same way. She strikes up conversation with anyone.

I think because all we ever hear about are deadbeat dads, it's refreshing to see dads spending time with their kid. I do know dudes that would capitalise on that and it's kinda disturbing. But I think you are handling the "attention" very well.

Kingsmomma said...

LOL.....

You're right to not exploit that becasue it doesn't look good to pick up girlies using the baby...

i'm on to that play date thing myself...wait weren't we supposed to have one?

My son is the same way. Everyone knows his name. I hate talking to people and having a kid is like a built in conversation starter.

Tiffany Nicole said...

It's amazing how little children have an innate ability to show genuine feelings. Then society ruins it all when we have to teach our children about strangers who seek to take advantage of kindness in any negative fashion possible.

I wish we could all be nice as children, with sincere smiles and conversation...

Ieisha said...

"I wish we could all be nice as children, with sincere smiles and conversation..."

I second that motion.

Being a child is easy. We should appreciate that time more. But of course we don't. Too busy rushing to grow up.

Enjoy the time that you have with her. And let's hope that she keeps that trait as she gets older.

And that she doesn't become the anti-social hermit like her daddy, lol.

Ms. Insatiable said...

I think its great that you aren't using your daughter as an attention seeker on your behalf. Stay that way please! But I'm sure the attention is a little bit and flattering. No one said you had to apologize for that. You are such a great dad.

DC Debutante said...

love it! I can see how this can put you in a situation. No one is in the mood to talk to strangers all the time but children. lol

Opinionated Diva said...

can you imagine if adults hugged their co-workers after every work day? yeah me neither! lol

i'm still cracking up at her working the room like a mayoral candidate! lol

SincerelyGo said...

Oh wow...that's so sweet! yeah I think women do get all fuzzy on the inside when we see Daddy's and Daughters...even though you may be strolling through the mall...that picture is beautiful! Awww...and she's a little socialite..thats' too cute!

Sincerely,

Go

sunnydelyte21 said...

I hate to sound as if I'm repeating someone else words. But that is also how my daughter. A man will come up and try to sweet talk her so I can say something. But I tell my daughter, "A Grown Man is and never will be your friend." Then the guy just give me a "WTF" look and keep it moving.

sunnydelyte21 said...

isn't**

Caspar608 said...

she's a little dollbaby

RealHustla said...

There would be absolutely nothing wrong with talking to one of these women. Not on a playdate level. Just pass a number cause it sounds like few words need to be said.