29 October 2009

Cupcakes for Kids

It's hard to beleive its been a year since I made cupcakes for my daughters Halloween party at school. But its that time again. If you remember I made some mini cupcakes for them here

http://babydaddydiaries.blogspot.com/2008/10/mr-momepisode-4.html

This year I figured they could have whole cupcakes. There are 24 kids in her class so I made 48 cupcakes thinking I'll give the kids the best ones and take the rest to work. Let me tell you, trying to color icing is FUN. Like a science experiment, How many drops of this color and how many drops of that to get the color you want. I'm not really happy with how the chocolate/purple ones came out. They were SUPPOSED to be cats but by the time I iced them it was 11pm and I was tired and kinda just wanted to get it over with. I really should have gave myself more time to finish it. I'm sure the kids won't care though. BTW I don't envy pastry chefs at all...






8 comments:

FreedomFreed said...

How sweet! They look great!!

EccentricGirl said...

Something about that orange icing makes them look extra good!

I like the kitty faces on the white ones though lol.

You're pretty good at this

Ieisha said...

Lol @ EccentricGirl saying the icing was white. Might wanna work on that purple just a bit more, lol.

But the cupcakes are cute. You have quite a bit of patience cuz I don't know if I could have done all that.

But now you got me thinking about cupcakes for Buddha's birthday in December. *sigh*

You are the best dad ever.

BorednTalkative said...

You did well. I wouldn't have decorated them, I would have taken the short cut and bought decorations for the top. They look good though, I'm sure the kids will love them.

Ms. Insatiable said...

OMG Dave. You are the most awesome dad ever! Can i marry you? LOL That was so sweet and the cupcakes look great.

Ms. Lovely said...

Awww...what a great dad you are! Those look great (and yummy!!!)

Ms. Behaving said...

The cupcakes look yummy!!!!

How much you wanna bet, all the kids in your little ones' class wish they had daddies like you??? :-)

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hey there BabyDaddy!

Those cupcakes look really, really good!

Even the ones that are decorated like cats!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa