05 October 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

Ahh what happened this weekend? Oh yeah...

Saturday:

Me and the baby went to a pop warner football game. I was told there would be a moon bounce and face painting. turns out there was a moon bounce but it was closed and there was no face painting. Only a DJ blasting music and a ton of people dancing and "jerking". Every now and then I forget just how hood my county is. You see now I live in the burbs, we have our issues but it's nothing like where I grew up. Going to this game reminded me why I moved. My people can turn any event into a music video.. lol. Me and the baby ended up down on the field when they were doing player introductions and I heard one of the coaches tell his players "Everybody do the jerk at midfield!!" I was surprised, because why would you tell your football team too dance BEFORE the game? I understand it's fun for the kids but come on you supposed to set an example.

They introduced the cheerleaders too, my daughter seemed interested in that, of course I'd have to move to VA to sign her up. no way I'm letting my baby drop it like it's hot on the sideline. overall it was a ok time, by the time the moon bounce opened 20 big kids were in it with cleats on. So yeah the baby didn't get to go.

Later that day I decided to bake some muffins. My oven decided to burn me.



This is what it looked like the next day. It had been so long since I've been burned I forgot how to treat it. I tried everything under the sun to stop the burn but in the end my solution was aloe. It looks better now.

Sunday:

CORN MAZE!!!! yes we went back this year. They had a pirate theme this time. We went thru the maze in like 20 min. I mean we killed it this year. Me and my sidekick are problem solving geniuses lol. Then of corse he went on a hay ride and visited the petting farm. here's a couple pics.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such a good dad!!!

Towanna

Babs said...

OMG I did a corn maze this weekend too. An hour after we started we walked out...through the entrance. We never found the exit.

So the corn maze gets a FAIL for 2009!

Kingsmomma said...

awww that sounds like a great weekend.
ouch for the burn. Looks nasty. don't pop it..i got one on my foot, got it when I was around 7 and somehow i popped it and it left an ugly character mark

MP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
inc23 said...

that burn looks disgusting and painful. i have never cooked without burning myself!

Sha Boogie said...

dang..thought i was the only adult still burning themselves, lol.i think mine is more embarassing, the damn iron got me!

buttahflychronicles said...

There's this corn maze about 15 min from me who claims its the largest in the world/country something like that. Give me the stats of yours so that I can verify.