25 November 2009

30 down and Thankful

This has nothing to do with me turning 30 in a couple days... nope this is about me dropping 30 pounds. This morning I weighted in at 245.... I've managed to maintain this weight loss even as I got slack on working out and eating right. I'm impressed with myself, honestly what started as me forcing myself to do something has become a lifestyle. I started to like the water and when I drink soda of juice I can feel the difference. It's not a good difference either. When I used to love fries now they make me sick, my body is rejecting the BS. I don't even eat half the stuff I bake, I taste it then give it away. Although my sweet tooth had a rebirth last week I'm over it.

I have a picture of me with Elvis in vegas 3 years ago, I was huge, I had to be close to 285lbs (I wish I could find it to post but it must be at home) I keep it on display just as s reminder, that plus all the 4x shirts in my closet. I amazed I got so lazy and out of control that I figured buying bigger clothes was easier then losing weight. Making your own shirts doesn't help either, it's not a big deal to go up a size when your making something custom. Now i'm more then happy to have my clothes be baggy. My energy level was crap, 30 pounds is alot to carry around. I didn't really notice till it was gone. I mean I was sooo lazy. unbelievably lazy, I remember having sex and afterwards feeling like my heart was going to bust out my chest. I really thought I was going to die... lol it's funny and serious at the same time. I was too young for that shyt... It was definitely a problem, I owed myself more...

Next week I'm back to the grind, I'm trying to drop another 20 by feb, then I'll treat myself to a new wardrobe.

Anyway this thanksgiving I'm thankful for my re-discovered insight into my life and purpose. Were going to leave that lazy bastard I used to be in the past.

Quote of the day: "Being enlightened is no longer enough, you must apply. Being willing is no longer acceptable, you must do." - Royce Da 5'9

10 comments:

BorednTalkative said...

Yay Dave!!!! Congrats on the new healthy lifestyle.

12kyle said...

Great job, fam! Most people wouldn't dedicate themselves to being healthy. Keep it up!

Kingsmomma said...

Great Job. Congrats. You can just bake those goodies and send them my way!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dave on the weight loss!!! Keep up the good work and its good that you started it before the holidays kicked in so now you wont over indulge at the table!!! 30pounds thats a lot and also a good example for the baby!!! No more 4x's ( not a good look) lol

Remnants of U said...

Wow, 30 lbs is great, and for the changes to be habit not work is wonderful.

Good luck in the next 20!

brran1 said...

Congrats man! I dropped 40 so far. I'll get back into the workout plan after finals.

I can't remember said...

Well looks like you need a hater to mix things up a bit so.....here i am. HATE ING!!!!

Caspar608 said...

Awesome news Dave!

Its not easy with all the delicious options we have available to us on a daily basis is it?

Kate Moss got blasted for saying "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". Granted, she's an anorexic coke whore...but if someone like Michelle Obama said "Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels" it would have been a whole other ballgame. Think of it that way...


And then try to look at it this why...you've eaten just about everything you've ever wanted (restairants/bakeries)...cooked/baked and enjoyed your own food...now its just time to minimize what passes your lips and think about the extra time you'll have with the little one later on in life by shedding some more weight. Taking care of yourself is a priority. It really is...

I don't really know you, but I read your blog everyday and I have to say, I am very proud of you sir.

Happy Thanksgiving. And keep up the good work.

Ms. Insatiable said...

Stay on the grind and stay focused. Wanna do the "couch to 5k" challenge with me? It's really not that bad. Let's go!

Ms. Behaving said...

30 down and STILL counting ---> That's a good look right there!

Keep on keepin' on!!!