23 December 2009

Head vs Heart

So I have this daily battle with what my head wants to do vs what my heart wants to do. See most my life I've let my brain run things, I do stuff that makes logical sense. I sit and weigh pros and cons and all that stuff. It's done me well thus far so I can't complain. Every now and then I wonder what would happen if I was one of those people who did whatever their hearts desire.

See my heart is the nice one, it wants to help everyone and get caught up in emotions. It often says things my brain wishes it wouldn't. Stuff my brain has to get me out of. My brain is a pure asshole. Its first reaction to anything is either "f.uck that" or "not my problem". My head over thinks life, which in turn takes some of the fun out of it. If my heart had it's way everything would be happy and jolly. My head complicates things, it's always thinking towards the future instead of enjoying the now.

My heart wants to give money to all the homeless people I pass. It says "pay it forward", "you have to give to get" and silly things like that. My heart sends out cupcakes and cookies to people just because they asked, My head says "you big dummy you wasting food and money!!" (my head doesn't rhyme that often though lol) My heart likes making people happy, my head could care less. In talking to me I speak of being a bigger asshole and jerk then I actually am, Only because my head does most the talking. Crazy thing is I think the best moments in my life have come from when I just followed my heart. Thats when the most fun happens.

All that said I think I'm going to let my heart make more choices, it's been coming off the bench long enough it deserves a chance to start.

3 comments:

BorednTalkative said...

I'm the opposite. my heart has been making most of my decisions and it hasn't always been good. I need to let my head run the show more often. I think it's just trying to find the balance between the two.

Caspar608 said...

men are usually more brain controlled than women.

although, I always figured you to be a heart dominated type of guy considering the way you are with the baby.

its ok to let the heart take over. its much much stronger than the brain.

RealHustla said...

Reminds me of the times my heart has wanted to bust some windows out some cars.

Mmmmm cupcakes.